Author Topic: SBD withdrawal to poloniex doesn't work  (Read 3414 times)

Offline aakashshiv

I had steem in my bitshares wallet. I wanted to sell. Went to "send" selected open.steem from the drop down and sent to bittrex. Bittrex deposit account gave me a memo and a registered account by the name of bittrex . However , when I entered bittrex in the account field it told me to change it to bittrex-deposit. Which I did. I also entered the memo and hit send. The transaction seemed to have gone through in the bitshares wallet but doesnt even show as pending in bittrex. This is in my bitshares wallet history : ksh-9792 sent 121.15 STEEM to bittrex-deposit
Unlock your wallet in order to see this memo . Where is my STEEM??:( Please help!

Offline bluswan555

I had the same issue but when I put in address - bittrex, the client infomed me that it wasnt a valid address and prompted me to use: bittrex-deposit  and i used it and sent 25,000 STEEM...

I also sent him a message telling him it was a mistake and to please send back... Is there any other recourse?

And why would the client prompt me to send to a scam address? I am very concerned...

Screen shot of Bitshares client prompting me to send to SCAM address..

Any suggestions?

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctoagel852kcgq2/Screen%20Shot%202017-07-22%20at%207.49.00%20PM.png?dl=0

Fingers crossed,,,,
Michael

Offline svk

Ok you should ask them to just send it back to you and then you can use the withdrawal function.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline shortcut

Thanks all for your replies.

I opened a support ticket at poloniex and will see, how this turns out.

As I sent it to poloniexwallet, I guess there might be a chance.

Hope dies last.

Offline svk

Just write to poloniex support. Money is not gone, poloniex have them.

Sorry @shortcut but no, most likely they do not. The poloniex account on Bitshares does not belong to Poloniex, which is why they use poloniexwallet and the Bitshares GUI warns you to not send money to the poloniex account.

On the Steem blockchain however, Poloniex does control the poloniex account, which is why your Steem Dollar deposit account is poloniex. In order to deposit OPEN.SBD to Poloniex you MUST use the withdraw functionality, you cannot send your OPEN.SBD to an account on the Bitshares blockchain.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Just write to poloniex support. Money is not gone, poloniex have them.

Offline shortcut

Thanks for your reply.

I admit, that I misunderstood the meaning of "transfer" and "withdraw" that time. But the message in the bitshares app was very misleading.

Looking at the poloniexwallet account you can see, that I'm not the first one, that made this mistake.
I opened a support ticket at poloniex and hopefully they send it back to me.

No pain, no gain.
True saying,
@shortcut

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
poloniex sbd address is poloniex. seems like you did not follow the deposit process on poloniex, your money is most likely gone

Offline shortcut

Hi there,

I was trying to withdraw some OPEN.SBD from the bitshares app to my poloniex account.
When I entered the poloniex wallet as the receiving address, I got a message telling me, that this is not the real poloniex account and I should use poloniexwallet instead.
So I sent the SBD to poloniexwallet account, where they arrived, but they did not forward it to my poloniex account, although I chose the right memo.

Anything I can do about it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
shortcut