Author Topic: This is Big - New Game company focusing on promoting BitShares and Steemit  (Read 16780 times)

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Successful people do not respond to criticism the way this guy does as they live to be competitive and prove their worth...

I have only seen two of his pitches, the mission 2 from a month back and this one yesterday, however they just scream too good to be true.  If he really wants to grab the attention of blockchain users there has to be more hard hitting details of such plan before asking for 50k cash...  Both video's still leave me in the air on exactly what his game plan is.

@Stan Since you have been working with them, can you help us connect the dots?

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Oh, he'll still do it.  Steemit just won't be the one to benefit from it.

You know that doesn't make any sense, right? Please tell me that you're only pretending to think that this guy is on the level.

If he had something truly valuable to offer, why does his business model depend on up-front payments instead of profit-sharing?
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Regardless of his intent....the post, the language used, the promises made, the lack of evidence to give credibility, the descriptions of the webinar content, his reactions to critisism....I mean honestly, what did he or anyone else expect?  That is "help" that Bitshares and Steemit neither wants nor needs.  If his intentions were honourable, I wish him luck.....elsewhere.  Or he can listen to the critisism and adapt his approach to one that may have more success.  The impression I got was absolutely terrible.  There is no need whatsoever for anyone in Bitshares or Steemit to pay that much for anything.  The funds are all available from within the networks where stake, reputation, history and a clear and transparent offer / business plan can be specified clearly and evaluated openly. 

If people want money from Bitshares or Steemit, they need to realise that the wishy woshy language of the past or the nebulous business plans promising the earth are going to get short thrift.

I have always looked up to Stan.  His vouching for this proposition based on his recent positive experiences changes nothing.  His boundless positivity and guidance have been steadfast and the fact that he sees the best in almost anyone and anything is a superhuman strength.  We are all susceptible to our hearts.  That's why communities have strength.  On a bad day, there is always someone who has your back.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Oh, Stan, when you will learn that get-rich-quick online marketers are the lowest scum of internet business? You can't ever win if you work with them.

BTS and Steemit to the moon? Yeah, right. This guy didn't last even 24h. He edited the original post, all there is left is this: "Bye steemit. You're not ready for this."

Oh, he'll still do it.  Steemit just won't be the one to benefit from it.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline JoeyD

I admit that I wasn't able to spend the time looking into this. The only thing I picked up was talking about marketers wanting to gamify marketing and interested in using bitshares for it. And I was like, well if people can find uses for bitshares sure, why not. And so far I figured it was just some kind of marketers convention or something, where people listen to talks.

But only today when I got that link to the company talking about making an multiplayer online world and having an entire economy inside promising millions is when I went, yeah that is probably bullshit. The gaming industry is not that big, and you could count the companies that could pull something like that off on the fingers of a single badly mangled hand.

Making a living off of being a game-dev let alone massive profits is just about guaranteed impossible. The tiny number of success stories proving my point.  So when someone comes around saying he will make millions with games, you should be more than a little skeptical. Especially if said person/company has never made a game in their life.

Similarly the first thing all aspiring gamedevs say they want to make when they join the forums or modding communities is how they will make this awesome RPG or MMORPG and most of the veterans are like, suuuuuure, try making something like pong or tetris first and then look at the next step.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

to be fair, you can google any product+scam and get hits on it. you need to go down the rabbit whole to do due diligence, all I say this time.

however, ragequitting was uncalled and unneeded, very unprofessional of that guy.

Offline JoeyD

Oh, Stan, when you will learn that get-rich-quick online marketers are the lowest scum of internet business? You can't ever win if you work with them.

BTS and Steemit to the moon? Yeah, right. This guy didn't last even 24h. He edited the original post, all there is left is this: "Bye steemit. You're not ready for this."

:o,  wuuut!

I hadn't even seen that yet. WTH! Are you serious? I hadn't had the time yet to look into this and I did ask some questions in the chat-venues like mumble and the like, to see what I was missing and how it was supposed to work. I didn't understand where all the money would be coming from, but this is ridiculous in and of itself. What kind of marketer has thin skin like that, aren't they supposed to be able to deal with public reactions like a pro?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 09:03:09 am by JoeyD »

Offline JoeyD

almost predicted this outcome.

this is what happens when you throw a common high ticket marketer to the crypto crowd - they ate him alive.

use him where he is valuable, outside of crypto, and find some crypto marketers would be my approach

The first requirement of marketers in crypto should be to be able to weather allegations of being a scammer. Can you name a single project that has not has it's flood of scam allegations? It also doesn't help that most of those allegations turn out to be true. Then again, I also doubt that targeting the current crypto-crowd would be very beneficial, they probably are long since aware of bitshares, but chose differently.

Then again, I'm most likely completely wrong about the crypto-crowd. Just now I've been reading in shocked horror that the benevolent dicator of Ethereum Vitalik has had a private one-on-one with mister KGB/FSB-himself and that is somehow seen as good news? What the hell is going on? Has everybody gone completely off the deep end? Yep, majority stakeholders in a POS-system now with personal ties to the FSB and banks, what could possibly go wrong?

Sorry for the segway, I just wanted to illustrate my complete lack of ability to judge the crowds and by relation my complete lack of ability to judge marketing.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
almost predicted this outcome.

this is what happens when you throw a common high ticket marketer to the crypto crowd - they ate him alive.

use him where he is valuable, outside of crypto, and find some crypto marketers would be my approach

Offline JoeyD

I believe in his team having worked with them for the past month.

Take the blue pill and believe whatever you want.

I wasn't trying to discredit anyone, I do realize that not everyone and everything works entirely in the public eye. However you also can't fault us for being a little cautious, bitshares has had it's share of broken promises and scammers. So much so in fact that I think I'm not alone in being completely unfamiliar with the recent uptick and having trouble adjusting.

Anyway, if the company is seeking public attention, then it might pay to do a little work on it's public image, like the website and such, or publishing some podcasts/vlogs. At the moment the only thing we can do is take your word on it Stan, but to use your reference, that's like seeing someone else taking the pill, not quite the same experience as being able to take the pill yourself.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I believe in his team having worked with them for the past month.

Take the blue pill and believe whatever you want.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline JoeyD

That's awesome! So let's investigate a bit:

To learn about my new gaming company go here:
http://consumerreality.services

And according to the webpage their office is located here:

North American Office:
8605 Santa Monica Blvd. #13160
West Hollywood, CA 90069
USA

Google it! And and let me know what you see...

Yeah, not the best first impression. Also the website doesn't instill a lot of confidence so far. No names or people with track records in the gaming industry either, doesn't leave much to go on there.

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
That's awesome! So let's investigate a bit:

To learn about my new gaming company go here:
http://consumerreality.services

And according to the webpage their office is located here:

North American Office:
8605 Santa Monica Blvd. #13160
West Hollywood, CA 90069
USA

Google it! And and let me know what you see...

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de