Author Topic: This is Big - New Game company focusing on promoting BitShares and Steemit  (Read 17015 times)

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
Stan, I don't think you understand how serious the situation is.

Even if the Mogul game wasn't a scam, it should have been kicked out from Steem. Why? Because it would have attracted other real scammers to the platform.

Like many others besides me have noticed, the language Trainer used and the marketing style that he had chosen was pretty much straight from some kind of get-rich-quick scheme guidebook. If he has a real business, he doesn't need to use scamming marketing style. Just watch him after this... If he learned from this incident, he understands that his marketing style must change if he wants to make some real business. If he continues with the same style, he is either a scammer or unable to learn from mistakes.

But let's just assume that no backlash happened in the case of Mogul. What if Trainer had been able to launch the game as he wanted?

Two possible outcomes:

1) The game was a scam and you, Stan, would have lost even more of your reputation because you fully endorsed it. What would you say to the people who lost thousands of dollars for nothing? Would you pay them back with your own money (because scammers don't give back any refunds)?

2) The game wasn't a scam but it would have attracted several real scams to Steem. You, Stan, would be still indirectly responsible for the losses of people who would invest to those scams. Would you pay them back with your own money?

Samupaha,

I don't think you have analyzed how serious your own situation now is.

You have deeply offended the leader of

• a talent-rich company that just trained 150 of the most successful internet marketers in the world on all the latest techniques in gameification and augmented reality and real time blockchain integration- earning several million dollars in one weekend.
  • a company that has all those marketers' and partners' passionate  support despite his hour-long confession of his past mistakes at the start of his epic Hollywood Event.
  • a company that has reverse-engineered the Google search engine scoring mechanism and is able to make the first ten pages of Google rank their stuff over all other stuff any time they want
  • a company capable of single handedly defeating some of the greatest celebrity teams in the world and winning the Billion Dollar Prize in our upcoming Billion Hero Challenge - all on its own with its new technologies
  • a company that will have billions to support funding a Steemit competitor and making it more popular than Steemit in every way, attracting current Steem users away from the current toxic evil-whale environment with a multi-million dollar share drop on everyone who is not an evil whale, and leveraging all the traffic from people competing for our billion dollar prize
  • a company that is perfectly capable of leveraging all that Billion Hero Challenge traffic to make Steemit vanish from Google SEO rankings completely

Not saying he will do any of this... the damage he inflicts could be incidental and limited completely to this quadrant of the galaxy.

But those living in glass houses who throw stones at other people's projects without taking time to understand them deserve whatever they get.
+5%

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Even if the Mogul game wasn't a scam, it should have been kicked out from Steem. Why? Because it would have attracted other real scammers to the platform.

Like many others besides me have noticed, the language Trainer used and the marketing style that he had chosen was pretty much straight from some kind of get-rich-quick scheme guidebook. If he has a real business, he doesn't need to use scamming marketing style. Just watch him after this... If he learned from this incident, he understands that his marketing style must change if he wants to make some real business. If he continues with the same style, he is either a scammer or unable to learn from mistakes.

But let's just assume that no backlash happened in the case of Mogul. What if Trainer had been able to launch the game as he wanted?

Two possible outcomes:

1) The game was a scam and you, Stan, would have lost even more of your reputation because you fully endorsed it. What would you say to the people who lost thousands of dollars for nothing? Would you pay them back with your own money (because scammers don't give back any refunds)?

2) The game wasn't a scam but it would have attracted several real scams to Steem. You, Stan, would be still indirectly responsible for the losses of people who would invest to those scams. Would you pay them back with your own money?

Samupaha,

I don't think you have analyzed how serious your own situation now is.

You have deeply offended the leader of

• a talent-rich company that just trained 150 of the most successful internet marketers in the world on all the latest techniques in gameification and augmented reality and real time blockchain integration- earning several million dollars in one weekend.
  • a company that has all those marketers' and partners' passionate  support despite his hour-long confession of his past mistakes at the start of his epic Hollywood Event.
  • a company that has reverse-engineered the Google search engine scoring mechanism and is able to make the first ten pages of Google rank their stuff over all other stuff any time they want
  • a company capable of single handedly defeating some of the greatest celebrity teams in the world and winning the Billion Dollar Prize in our upcoming Billion Hero Challenge - all on its own with its new technologies
  • a company that will have billions to support funding a Steemit competitor and making it more popular than Steemit in every way, attracting current Steem users away from the current toxic evil-whale environment with a multi-million dollar share drop on everyone who is not an evil whale, and leveraging all the traffic from people competing for our billion dollar prize
  • a company that is perfectly capable of leveraging all that Billion Hero Challenge traffic to make Steemit vanish from Google SEO rankings completely

Not saying he will do any of this... the damage he inflicts could be incidental and limited completely to this quadrant of the galaxy.

But those living in glass houses who throw stones at other people's projects without taking time to understand them deserve whatever they get.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

Two possible outcomes:

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
Seems that Matt ties his multi million dollar game to BitShares. I am guessing it has something to do with the newly created coin KARMAKOIN which is supposedly backed up by 1 OZ of gold 1:1. He also has a very expensive taste (Lambos and Ferraris) so I guess he really needs that steady flow of $50K coming in...

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Oh, he'll still do it.  Steemit just won't be the one to benefit from it.

So you still haven't learned anything from this? Whenever you are involved in "something big" it always fails. By now you should be able to see some patterns. Like, for example, every time you cooperate with Michael Taggart, nothing works out.

Well, no one ever let us fully develop the concept.

You had all the chances to fully develop the business. When you fail, take some responsibility, don't blame others.

Instead of being in the bubble with get-rich-quick scammers, you should have done your own research. It wouldn't have been hard to ask around about the idea and plans. Ask feedback – what could go wrong? It would have been very quickly pointed out that making this kind of business with a man with very low reputation will be pretty much impossible to market efficiently. If you ruin the brand in the beginning, it will require a lot of unnecessary work to build it later.

This is not rocket science, this is just very simple basics of business.

BitShares is "something BIG" and it has hardly failed.
Neither has the subject of this post.
Steemit just lost out on orders of magnitude growth.
Had their chance.  Muffed it.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

So you still haven't learned anything from this? Whenever you are involved in "something big" it always fails. By now you should be able to see some patterns. Like, for example, every time you cooperate with Michael Taggart, nothing works out.

You had all the chances to fully develop the business. When you fail, take some responsibility, don't blame others.

Instead of being in the bubble with get-rich-quick scammers, you should have done your own research. It wouldn't have been hard to ask around about the idea and plans. Ask feedback – what could go wrong? It would have been very quickly pointed out that making this kind of business with a man with very low reputation will be pretty much impossible to market efficiently. If you ruin the brand in the beginning, it will require a lot of unnecessary work to build it later.

This is not rocket science, this is just very simple basics of business.

Offline bobmaloney

"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Successful people do not respond to criticism the way this guy does as they live to be competitive and prove their worth...

I have only seen two of his pitches, the mission 2 from a month back and this one yesterday, however they just scream too good to be true.  If he really wants to grab the attention of blockchain users there has to be more hard hitting details of such plan before asking for 50k cash...  Both video's still leave me in the air on exactly what his game plan is.

@Stan Since you have been working with them, can you help us connect the dots?

Perhaps I'll blog about it when I get a few spare hours.
Using bitshares to hold someone's payment for gold in the ground as escrow to borrow heros against to pay for mining it is the basic idea.
It's a way to solve the counterparty problem for all sorts of asset backed coins.
There are tons of illiquid assets out there, and using hero technology to secure them is a promising use case.

Successful people quickly recognize when they encounter intractable obstacles and cut their losses.
It's not thinned skin rage, its simple pragmatic realism.

Thanks for the follow up Stan, we do appreciate everything your doing. 

I honestly believe the way Matt presented and pulled out of the Steemit post so quickly left a sour taste for many.  It was near impossible to connect the dots on where the project was headed before he started asking for 50k investments.

No doubt there are cultural mismatches.  No excuse for always assuming the worst about people.  "They'll be time enough for judging, when the dealin's done" - Kenny Rodgers

Kenny Rogers never sang that lyric, unless you intentionally meant to spell his name wrong

I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in...

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Successful people do not respond to criticism the way this guy does as they live to be competitive and prove their worth...

I have only seen two of his pitches, the mission 2 from a month back and this one yesterday, however they just scream too good to be true.  If he really wants to grab the attention of blockchain users there has to be more hard hitting details of such plan before asking for 50k cash...  Both video's still leave me in the air on exactly what his game plan is.

Using bitshares to hold someone's payment for gold in the ground as escrow to borrow heros against to pay for mining it is the basic idea.
It's a way to solve the counterparty problem for all sorts of asset backed coins.
There are tons of illiquid assets out there, and using hero technology to secure them is a promising use case.

Successful people quickly recognize when they encounter intractable obstacles and cut their losses.

I honestly believe the way Matt presented and pulled out of the Steemit post so quickly left a sour taste for many.  It was near impossible to connect the dots on where the project was headed before he started asking for 50k investments.

No doubt there are cultural mismatches.  No excuse for always assuming the worst about people.  "They'll be time enough for judging, when the dealin's done" - Kenny Rodgers

Kenny Rogers never sang that lyric, unless you intentionally meant to spell his name wrong

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

What are you talking about?  I spend almost every day asking for $50M investments.  :)

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Regardless of his intent....the post, the language used, the promises made, the lack of evidence to give credibility, the descriptions of the webinar content, his reactions to critisism....I mean honestly, what did he or anyone else expect?  That is "help" that Bitshares and Steemit neither wants nor needs.  If his intentions were honourable, I wish him luck.....elsewhere.  Or he can listen to the critisism and adapt his approach to one that may have more success.  The impression I got was absolutely terrible.  There is no need whatsoever for anyone in Bitshares or Steemit to pay that much for anything.  The funds are all available from within the networks where stake, reputation, history and a clear and transparent offer / business plan can be specified clearly and evaluated openly. 

If people want money from Bitshares or Steemit, they need to realise that the wishy woshy language of the past or the nebulous business plans promising the earth are going to get short thrift.

I have always looked up to Stan.  His vouching for this proposition based on his recent positive experiences changes nothing.  His boundless positivity and guidance have been steadfast and the fact that he sees the best in almost anyone and anything is a superhuman strength.  We are all susceptible to our hearts.  That's why communities have strength.  On a bad day, there is always someone who has your back.

Thanks Ben,

I appreciate that thought.

Projection is assuming that other people's motivations are the same as your own.
I guess that's why I assume everyone is just a harmless little fuzzball.  8)

"A new commandment I give unto you, that you love one another as I have loved you."  -- Jesus Christ

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

You know that doesn't make any sense, right? Please tell me that you're only pretending to think that this guy is on the level.

If he had something truly valuable to offer, why does his business model depend on up-front payments instead of profit-sharing?

That model was still under development, but it all comes down to how you monetize an asset without creating a security.
I was still thinking it through, as a consultant, but he didn't want to wait till I had all the theoretical foundation developed.
When I get it figured out, it could be a useful new use case.
I'll publish it when I think its ready for peer review.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 07:55:00 pm by Stan »