Author Topic: OpenLedger.io vs OpenLedger.info, is OpenLedger.io a scam?  (Read 6732 times)

Offline ccedk_pro

• OpenLedger. Blockchain powered. People driven.
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger DEX
openledger.io - is exchange
openledger.info - is info site for all decentralized conglomerate
previously you used for exchange bitshares.openledger.info - but it is old address

Hi,

Please help me, I don't know the difference between Openledger.info and Openledger.io. I used both for quite some time and I thought both are the same.

A couple of minutes ago, I sent in some BTC from an exchange to my Openledger.io address. I was in a hurry and it was too late until I checked that it was not a BTC address. I already approved the withdrawal when I checked if it was BTC, and to my horror the first name on the dropdown was an AGRS address and there was not even a BTC address to deposit in OpenLedger.io. I repeat BTC address was missing from the Deposit dropdown on OpenLedger.io.

When I deposit, BTC was usually the first one on the dropdown so I assumed when I click copy address that it was a BTC address. I know it was my fault since I was in a hurry, but I know I must not be the only one who had this problem.

Therefore I mistakenly sent in my BTC to an AGRS address. So I went back to my exchange and sent them a support email to see what I can do. I haven't received word from them yet. However I checked the transaction id: 8ab9342fb74a983482cac0d2af390e42628bb72549e9e1a6c451fb57528dd4f4  and  was surprised to see my BTC was also accepted there.

I mean this AGRS address is also a BTC address?? The AGRS address in question is: 14PMgMzojocsxmQfB4xCBsJETdDoDRW8zX

So my questions are:

1. Is OpenLedger.io a legit OpenLedger address?
2. If it is, then why is BTC deposit gone there, but it is present in OpenLedger.info?
3. If it is a scam, what can I do to protect my account? Is my account compromised?
4. AGRS address is the same in both OpenLedger.io and OpenLedger.info, is there a way I can get my BTC from that AGRS (BTC) address? Can I still get the funds wrongly sent?

I am so happy with OpenLedger until I encountered this issue. I hope somebody can give me enllghtenment on what I can do.

Thanks in advance.

OpenLedger - Truly decentralized crypto trading platform for novice and professional traders

Offline openledger

• Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Hi,

Please help me, I don't know the difference between Openledger.info and Openledger.io. I used both for quite some time and I thought both are the same.

A couple of minutes ago, I sent in some BTC from an exchange to my Openledger.io address. I was in a hurry and it was too late until I checked that it was not a BTC address. I already approved the withdrawal when I checked if it was BTC, and to my horror the first name on the dropdown was an AGRS address and there was not even a BTC address to deposit in OpenLedger.io. I repeat BTC address was missing from the Deposit dropdown on OpenLedger.io.

When I deposit, BTC was usually the first one on the dropdown so I assumed when I click copy address that it was a BTC address. I know it was my fault since I was in a hurry, but I know I must not be the only one who had this problem.

Therefore I mistakenly sent in my BTC to an AGRS address. So I went back to my exchange and sent them a support email to see what I can do. I haven't received word from them yet. However I checked the transaction id: 8ab9342fb74a983482cac0d2af390e42628bb72549e9e1a6c451fb57528dd4f4  and  was surprised to see my BTC was also accepted there.

I mean this AGRS address is also a BTC address?? The AGRS address in question is: 14PMgMzojocsxmQfB4xCBsJETdDoDRW8zX

So my questions are:

2. If it is, then why is BTC deposit gone there, but it is present in OpenLedger.info?
3. If it is a scam, what can I do to protect my account? Is my account compromised?
4. AGRS address is the same in both OpenLedger.io and OpenLedger.info, is there a way I can get my BTC from that AGRS (BTC) address? Can I still get the funds wrongly sent?

I am so happy with OpenLedger until I encountered this issue. I hope somebody can give me enllghtenment on what I can do.

Thanks in advance.

is your issue solved?

regards
Ronny Boesing
CEO
OpenLedger ApS
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
They are the same and it's Sunday, no one is working probably.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Since OpenLedger is decentralized, I don't even know if somebody will reply to me.

openledger.info is not decentralized. It's a service run by ccedk.com. Judging from my experience, your support requests will be answered, but don't expect miracles (or people to work on a sunny sunday afternoon).
If you go to http://openledger.info/ and click on the symbol for 'The core', you will be taken to http://openledger.io/ , so I suppose they are one and the same. Possibly different versions, that might explain the differences you are seeing.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline gimme-free

I did, but have not yet received a response from them. Since OpenLedger is decentralized, I don't even know if somebody will reply to me. But OpenLedger is connected with BitShares since it's the main exchange where you can exchange BTS and other bitAssets, if there is a scam with OpenLedger.io, then BitShares will be affected as well.

Offline flaka

• View Profile
not sure about Openledger.info and Openledger.io cause i have never used those before but it would be better for you, if you can contact them using their email or slack or any other means of communication to address this issue. Maybe they can resolve this from their end.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 06:04:09 pm by flaka »

Offline gimme-free

Hi,

So my questions are:

Thanks in advance.