Author Topic: The real difference between AGS and PTS  (Read 16188 times)

sumantso

Agree with regard to invictus and bytemaster! Good distribution is key to success in DACs and this is only possible if the team focuses on the long term and not the quick bug which in the end is way more profitable anyway (exponential growth...).

Edit:
And with respect to AGS/PTS value something has to be considered that has not been mentioned yet that much. With PTS you are holding a tradable asset that can rise in value in itself which is not the case for AGS. Maybe (what do you think?) bitshares has more potential to grow in price compared to PTS but by buying AGS one is giving up an asset with value in itself. With PTS you have both Bitshares and PTS. With AGS you only have Bitshares after the release... The only way people can get in with future invictus DACS is by PTS which will make it rise lots....
What do you think?

You will get a portion in all future I3 or I3 supported DACs through AGS. As far as I3 is concerned, AGS and PTS are on the same footing.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Agree with regard to invictus and bytemaster! Good distribution is key to success in DACs and this is only possible if the team focuses on the long term and not the quick bug which in the end is way more profitable anyway (exponential growth...).

Edit:
And with respect to AGS/PTS value something has to be considered that has not been mentioned yet that much. With PTS you are holding a tradable asset that can rise in value in itself which is not the case for AGS. Maybe (what do you think?) bitshares has more potential to grow in price compared to PTS but by buying AGS one is giving up an asset with value in itself. With PTS you have both Bitshares and PTS. With AGS you only have Bitshares after the release... The only way people can get in with future invictus DACS is by PTS which will make it rise lots....
What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:48:28 pm by delulo »

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Here is how you prove we have excellent team... we have raised more money from crowd funding than all of our competition combined ;)

Well it is all about perception and people perceive you as someone who really is working towards something revolutionary and liberating.
We perceive your team as a group of people who aren't just motivated by profit and that is what makes the difference.

http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline bytemaster

Memory coin has already demonstrated the concept and you will not have to wait long for bitshares x.   Also there are already two similar bounties in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

sumantso

Here is how you prove we have excellent team... we have raised more money from crowd funding than all of our competition combined ;)

Thats great to hear. Do you have some ballpark figures?

Already 48 BTCs donated today, and it has been rising steadily over the past few days after the mini slump. I would like to believe all my posting here had some effect :P (though I am sure the website and the upcoming conference along with the pre alpha software had the effect).

EDIT: Since you have a lot of funding and award a lot of bounties (I get jealous everytime I visit that thread), can you set a bounty/payment for some simple alt-coin with minimal functions? It will serve as a nice demonstrator of how AGS and PTS holders get rewarded. I mean its one thing to know we will get stakes when BitsharesX is released, but actually getting stuff would be very interesting (even though it may not be very useful in the long run) and will demonstrate that BitsharesX is only one of the many things we will be getting.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:06:15 pm by sumantso »

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

sumantso

google translate spits out this:

Most of my pts donate ags, not directed at bts, feel I3 need help through the status quo, which I hope to ags reasonable position to, if not pts high value, how to prove that I3 excellent team? ?

Many people are reluctant to vote because there are misappropriating ags mean, did not believe the market how ags, so people donate ags confidence I3 can understand it?

Does he mean he/others is not sure how to donate AGS or what it means and if donating to I3 is any good?

So I guess it was good that we managed to get low priced AGS till now  :D

Offline codinat

• View Profile
很多人不愿意投ags是因为有圈钱的意思,没产品上市怎么相信ags,所以捐ags的人的信心I3能体会到吗?

Offline codinat

• View Profile
我pts大部分捐ags,并不是冲着bts,觉得I3需要帮助度过现状,希望官方给于ags合理位置,如果价值没pts高,那如何证明I3团队优秀??

sumantso

Will AGS eventually be traded on one of the exchanges?

No; at least thats what I3 says. The current value of AGS as well as PTS is dependent on that. I3 can't suddenly change the structure after 3-4 weeks of donations done.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Will AGS eventually be traded on one of the exchanges?

sumantso

Is he saying PTS makes more sense than AGS?

IMO, you should get both. AGS gives you more BitsharesX, while PTS is liquid and will give similar number of shares in future DACs.

The question, of course, is how much you expect the BitsharesX would be valued. If you think that they will be worth a lot, it makes sense to maximize the number you can get.

Offline codinat

• View Profile

Offline Talos

• View Profile
我相信参与ags的没有傻子,出现这个结果一定是有原因的。
有没有这个可能呢?有人想借助ags捐赠数据打压pts价格,趁机低价吸货。
如果真是这样,我的策略是握紧手中的pts,直接拿手上的btc投ags。等pts相对btc价格上来后,再拿pts投。
没有btc的同志们就惨了
大家都是这样想的,我觉得现在是投btc.pts 都吃亏,因为btc 是硬货币,pts 一直在跌,bts可能跳票,ags 又不能交易,风险真的很大,持pts 稳妥。 :)

^ Me Lost in (Google) Translation!

"I believe that the participation ags no fool, this result must occur for a reason.
There is no this possible? Some people like to use the data to suppress pts ags donation rates, cheap Xihuo opportunity.
If so, my strategy is clenched hands pts, good btc direct investment ags on. After a relatively btc prices and other pts up, shouting pts vote.
No btc comrades miserable
We all think so, I think it is cast btc.pts all suffer because btc hard currency, pts been dropped, bts may bounce, ags and not trading, risk is really great, holding pts secure. :)"

Offline codinat

• View Profile
我相信参与ags的没有傻子,出现这个结果一定是有原因的。
有没有这个可能呢?有人想借助ags捐赠数据打压pts价格,趁机低价吸货。
如果真是这样,我的策略是握紧手中的pts,直接拿手上的btc投ags。等pts相对btc价格上来后,再拿pts投。
没有btc的同志们就惨了
大家都是这样想的,我觉得现在是投btc.pts 都吃亏,因为btc 是硬货币,pts 一直在跌,bts可能跳票,ags 又不能交易,风险真的很大,持pts 稳妥。 :)