Author Topic: Failed to sync with the API server  (Read 3489 times)

Offline bench-sitter

Stopped working on my end, now failing to sync again. :(
Same here! I can open it though by clicking on retry 10times or more, but can't log in then  :-\

select another API node

Thank you! It's been working fine since this morning, without me doing anything.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Same here! I can open it though by clicking on retry 10times or more, but can't log in then  :-\

select another API node

Offline bench-sitter

Offline jbperez808

• View Profile

Offline bench-sitter

Ok was working again! After I hit retry about 5 times, but i can't log in, incorrect pw...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:13:02 pm by bench-sitter »

Offline bench-sitter

Ok, I hope it'll work again soon!

It now looks like this:

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
I'm also having the same problem now. None of the listed Full Node API servers are working. All are giving the "failed to sync with the API" error message.
There was an issue with the network couple hours ago. It's coming back up, my FULL node is being rebuild and should be back up shortly.

Offline jbperez808

• View Profile
I'm also having the same problem now. None of the listed Full Node API servers are working. All are giving the "failed to sync with the API" error message.

It looks like https://bitshares.org/wallet has the same problem...

UPDATE: Hmm... very annoying...

I had to adjust date/time on my Windows machine by turning off "set time automatically" then turning it on again...

It then started working again.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 06:20:31 pm by jbperez808 »

Offline bench-sitter

Hi, I'm also new here having a similar problem!

I installed the bitshares application about a week ago and so far everything was fine. When I opened bitshares2-light this morning everything was still working fine. I even did some transactions.
Until a few hours later when I was logged in to a VPN client, I got that "Failed to sync with the API server" screen. I closed the VPN, tried different Wifi's, tried different API Servers, tried reset settings, I synced my clock, restarted my laptop, nothing is working. I'm having this problem for a couple of hours now. One API (Public Testnet Server (Frankfurt, Germany)) did open the application, but not my account and functions like exchange were not available. I could only set up a new account.

I also read the thread about this problem from about a year ago https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=23273.0, but I couldn't get anything useful out of it. I'm not a Techie so I don't understand all of it...

And now the application opens again after some time of loading, but not with my account. I can only create a new one or sign it with a password, but since there's no account loaded it doesn't recognise my account name...

I'm glad for any help! Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:34:11 pm by bench-sitter »

Offline jbperez808

• View Profile
Ok, looks like I had to wait till the entire blockchain was synced before the "Failed to sync with the API server" goes away. 

I think it would be good if that error message was modified to aid newbies who aren't sure what's going on.

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
When running my self-compiled witness_node (the process of which also had certain issues I had to tediously correct manually) and pointing the Bitshares Light Client to it, I get a "Failed to sync with the API server" message.

The computer clocks are correct.

How do I fix this?

Is the message showing up because the blockchain has yet to sync to the latest available blocks?
Wait till your node syncs with the network then when you open your Light Wallet you should see an output from your node that it has opened a new DB or something similar. That way you will know that you connected to your node.

Offline jbperez808

• View Profile
When running my self-compiled witness_node (the process of which also had certain issues I had to tediously correct manually) and pointing the Bitshares Light Client to it, I get a "Failed to sync with the API server" message.

The computer clocks are correct.

How do I fix this?

Is the message showing up because the blockchain has yet to sync to the latest available blocks?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:01:24 pm by jbperez808 »