Author Topic: Bitshare Light Client working even when pointed to non-existent full node server  (Read 1737 times)

Offline jbperez808

• View Profile
Thanks svk and all the others who have been answering my questions.

While I keep encountering issues in trying to familiarize myself with the Bitshares ecosystem and it definitely has many rough edges that need to be addressed, the posters in this forum have so far been able to help with all of them and quite quickly too.

You guys are the ones who help convince newbies like me to continue to stick with learning the platform and hopefully we can one day do our share to contribute to helping Bitshares become better and more popular.

In this particular case a helpful message that indicates that the client has decided to connect to a working api server from an internal list would go a long way to demystifying its operation.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:40:12 pm by jbperez808 »

Offline svk

It will fall back to a working api server from the list of known servers, if you look at the dev console it will tell you which one it connected to.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline jbperez808

• View Profile
I'm running the Bitshares2-Light client on Windows and from how I understand it, you choose the Full Node API server to connect to from Settings | Access.

I point it to ws://127.0.0.1:8090 where I usually run my own witness_node.exe.

The strange thing is that even if I am not running witness_node.exe the client is working and showing exchange information?!?

So I do a netstat to see what is going on and I see it connecting to 2 addresses:

12.172.164.249 and 79.141.118.229

These don't seem to be on the dropdown list of the Full Node API servers.

What is going on?