Author Topic: Why Can't I Buy Gold and Silver with STEEM yet?  (Read 2098 times)

Offline CastAway33

• View Profile
I'm not saying your proposal is a bad idea. In fact, I think it's a great idea. Unfortunately though, I also think it would be good if I could use STEEM to buy groceries and have them delivered to my house. The problem is that I can't force that business into existence through the sheer power of desire. Though, I do think that making a request is a good start.

Perhaps you could use STEEM as a platform to get like-minded people together to buy/sell/trade metals as a group. The more interest grows in this area, then it should increase the chances of someone starting a business to fulfill that niche. That's best advice I can offer. I hope we can see it soon. :)

Offline R

• View Profile
Might be a question best asked on Steemit, no? I'm sure you could use shapeshift to buy some gold with steem..

Offline MarsResident

• View Profile
Sounds like you may be putting the cart before the horse, if you know what I mean. In my humble opinion, STEEM need to do what's necessary to increase it's exposure and increase value as a network. When that has been successful, then the GOLD will naturally follow. Give it some time. Until then, you can very easily exchange STEEM for other currencies and buy GOLD (or bitGOLD)

We are already at that point. I don't know if you remember or even knew about Devcoin, but I was a part of it when it was getting big and I was the person who was getting all of the new people to come in. I was getting so many new people to come in, and telling people that the more people that came in the higher it would go. And at about 50 users on Devtome it got to the point where there was a Website to get giftcards for Devcoin, and Books for Devcoin and everything, even Silver and Gold for Devcoin. Then at that point they all got mad/greedy/jealous, whatever, and decided to kick me out at about 75 users since I was not a developer (but neither were the new people), and now the coin is dead because no new people ever use it anymore, and they all just hold their coins, which are produced by the Billions every month and inflate into infinity. So Devcoin died. But when I was part of it, it was at almost 1 cent each (Billions made a month), and at only like 50 users we had the ability to buy Gold and Silver.

It's just a matter of a Whale buying a bunch of Gold and offering it for sale knowing they will get a good return when the price goes up. This is the time for this to happen, we are already at the point where this is the next step, and have been for a while.

Offline CastAway33

• View Profile
Sounds like you may be putting the cart before the horse, if you know what I mean. In my humble opinion, STEEM need to do what's necessary to increase it's exposure and increase value as a network. When that has been successful, then the GOLD will naturally follow. Give it some time. Until then, you can very easily exchange STEEM for other currencies and buy GOLD (or bitGOLD)

Offline MarsResident

• View Profile
So, why can't I buy Gold and Silver with STEEM yet? The STEEM Community has Hundreds of Millions of Dollars floating around, and no one has started this business yet? Once you can buy Gold and Silver with STEEM, STEEM will go up in value. So people will be paying you a ton of STEEM for Gold and Silver, and that STEEM will then go up in value once word spreads that they can get Gold and Silver for STEEM. This is really all that is holding STEEM back.

This is the next step, no matter what else is done STEEM will be held back by this.