Author Topic: The Fork??  (Read 2076 times)

Offline scatha

• View Profile
Those repeated attempts to fork Bitcoin are madness. The proposal for the safest possible solution would be:

a) No BTC other than the ones compatible with the original, classic, conservative blockchain should be accepted
and
b) All BTC sent out should be fully compatible with the original, classic, conservative client. This would also ensure they are compatible with every possible fork, if it is a true fork and not an altcoin.

Any objections ?

Offline coasting2

Thanks guys for your replies, it looks like there may be some issues, we'll see if anyone has some answers......
Cheers.....

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Does anybody know if OpenLedger has a policy on the possible fork? Such as, if the fork happens, will they credit OPEN.BTC holders both tokens?
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Should we start worry now get rid of BTC assets,  or trust that the fork will go smoothly? What is the common feeling of the community?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
yes, it'll affect bitBTC (awaiting statements from witnesses) and gateway IOU such as OPEN.BTC

Offline coasting2

Hi All
First time posting and new here, I have a question about the bitshares platform and btsbtc.. does this fork effect us here buying and selling BTC, I'm not really savvy on all this crypto currency just yet, I know the main stream miners mining BTC on their blockchain have the issue on the 1st August, but does it worry us here .
Thanks in advance guys.....