Author Topic: Bitshares debit card  (Read 3963 times)

Offline Terry121

Yeah i think it's fine to have these services, in fact we kind of need them to connect the current banking system to the decentralised market.
What I'm really saying is I don't want to use all these different services and wallets that take time and effort to get set up just so I can start trading on bitshares or send money overseas, it's to complicated. I want a wallet that I can fund with a credit card/ BPay/PayPal or what ever transfer it anywhere in the world and the receiver uses a card to withdraw cash or pay for goods online. INSTANT, CHEAP, HASTLE FREE.
I have written emails asking for this years ago but still nothing. Put me in touch with people who have the technical know how to do this, we'll design it, market it, fund it and we're laughing but if bitshares doesn't do something that appeals to the masses and is user friendly at a time when so many are investing in crypto then it's just a waste of time. Sorry for the rant but I just think you should start making money so you have funds to improve instead of trying to do everything at once. But thanks for reading and sharing your opinions. I really just want to help

Offline yvv

• View Profile
tenX, Monaco and all other coins in this field simply abuse the lack of intellect of the people

No, they provide ramps from crypto into real world. This is a very important service for crypto ecosystem. Yes, this service is centralized, but what's a problem with that?

Offline bitsharesbagholder

I understand that creating a debit card in a decentralised market would take some figuring out

no you don't understand
I feel like you don't know what is a blockchain
a lot of new people interested by cryptos have no technical background and don't understand what blockchains are for, what blockchains make possible, and what is the difference between a blockchain-propulsed service and a traditional service

it is strictly impossible to use MasterCard or visa or any other existing credit card provider in a decentralized way

it is thus stupid to create a blockchain for this
tenX, Monaco and all other coins in this field simply abuse the lack of intellect of the people

there is already dozen of bitcoin debit cards service, they do work since years: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1242788.0

you can not decentralize debit cards without creating a new card processing system and thus needing to make special ATMs and Point Of Sales all around the world
and guess what, the banks won't replace all the ATMs to make decentralized debit cards possible. that would be suicide for them. nor government will support uncontrolled access to their currencies

Offline Terry121

thank you everyone for your input, much appreciated.
I understand that creating a debit card in a decentralised market would take some figuring out but we need to have a way that our account can easily be accessed on any mobile device and our funds easily and quickly accessed when we need. So if that means partnering with someone who provides this service and just creating an app for android and iOS then so be it, just get it sorted as quickly as possible.
As soon as this platform is useful to everyone then we can market it to everyone as well as businesses trying to raise capital, or start ups with the ICO,s
We just need to put it all together and start making some money for outselvs.
Come on guys please, before someone else does it better and we are stuck thinking what could of been.

Offline nandibear

https://uquid.com/bitshares-debit-card

credit cards are inherently centralized.
you technically can't use MasterCard or visa in a decentralized way

I have no idea what tenX and all other "credit cards coins" are trying to do: can someone enlighten me ?

You make a valid point regarding credit cards/debits cards being inherently centralized.

I need to think more deeply regarding the debit cards and cryptos.

Offline lexamckenzie

• View Profile
I think we have different opinion, but I would have to agree with @Terry121 a debit card is not bad.

Offline nandibear

OpenLedger is preparing a debit card linked to BitShares account, see https://ocash.io/

A debit card link to BitShares accounts would be TREMENDOUS!

This is my first post here at Bitsharestalk but I have been into BitShares itself for a couple of months now.

I want to get more into decentralized exchanges and I was already holding some Bitshares so now I want to get more into the decentralized exchange and if possible help in some way to make it even cooler.

Offline saburgeon

• View Profile
  • BitShares: SPURG1
I'm not 100% sure, but I heard bitspark is working on international transfers using the bitshares platform: https://blog.bitspark.io/bitspark-switching-to-bitshares-for-remittances/

Offline bitsharesbagholder

https://uquid.com/bitshares-debit-card

credit cards are inherently centralized.
you technically can't use MasterCard or visa in a decentralized way

I have no idea what tenX and all other "credit cards coins" are trying to do: can someone enlighten me ?

Offline Terry121

Cheers for that mate, I will watch with great interest

Offline paliboy

OpenLedger is preparing a debit card linked to BitShares account, see https://ocash.io/

Offline Terry121

Hi all. I would like to propose bitshares focusing its attention on getting a debit card linked to the bitshares account and an app that works with the iPhone. If bitshares can deliver an instant international money transfers system that is cheaper than the current system then it is something that apeals to the masses. if people are using it as a trading platform then they are able to withdraw profits in cash as soon as they are made which would be revelotionary to trading in my opinion. Now that you have a fantastic product that apeals to the masses, People like me can market bitshares and profit though the referral ptogram. Also as more people buy shares to transfer and trade the price of bitshares will rise.
As people loose faith in the market and turn to crypto currencies if you are ready with a superior product everyone can profit. Hope my this helps. Always have ideas just ask for more