Author Topic: Does Openledger make Bitshares no decentralized anymore?  (Read 5865 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Bisq is a miracle that makes it possible to do both: dispense with the services of third parties, and make the trade from wallet to wallet. To change altcoins is much better Bitshares, since it allows the use of smartcoins reducing the cost of commerce and increasing the speed of transaction. But bitshares does not offer P2P service to acquire BTS, reason why Bisq could complement it

bisq is nothing more but a simple, decentralized order book. find a dev and implement escrow, and we got everything needed for this on bitshares.

Offline severo

• View Profile
I don't want to risk my money with a company.

Then stop using services which are provided by companies.

Is there any blockchain can act as a gateway? It's great if there is a decentralized gatewate that I can trust.

There are no miracles in this world.

Bisq is a miracle that makes it possible to do both: dispense with the services of third parties, and make the trade from wallet to wallet. To change altcoins is much better Bitshares, since it allows the use of smartcoins reducing the cost of commerce and increasing the speed of transaction. But bitshares does not offer P2P service to acquire BTS, reason why Bisq could complement it

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I don't want to risk my money with a company.

Then stop using services which are provided by companies.

Is there any blockchain can act as a gateway? It's great if there is a decentralized gatewate that I can trust.

There are no miracles in this world.

Offline severo

• View Profile
You can have your BTCs in bitBTC, instead of OPEN.BTC, and if Openledger disappears, you can still change them to bitUSD or BTS.

Either way this is an obvious problem, and the only satisfactory solution would be to have a FIAT P2P exchange.

I proposed to talk to Bisq, a P2P exchange https://bisq.io/ for this, but it does not seem that the people of bitshares really liked the idea.  :(

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,24703

Another solution would be to implement that functionality in bitshares, but I do not know the legal implications, perhaps an external solution would be better.

Offline trustpay

• View Profile
Bitshares is great. I feel safe when trading on a blockchain exchange. The problem is that if I want to trade BTC, I should deposit my BTC to Openledger and get back OPEN.BTC

What will happen when Openledger (or other Gateway) go away with my BTC? Then their token will be useless.

I don't want to risk my money with a company. Is there any blockchain can act as a gateway? It's great if there is a decentralized gatewate that I can trust.