Author Topic: Question about selling/trading GPU code  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Re: Question about selling/trading GPU code
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 11:24:42 pm »
The other pts miners all donate to the writer for x amount of time.  Not a bad route if you can get he miner functioning.

Offline gigawatt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 10:52:56 pm »
Go with the fee, but yourcode need to be really good, look at reorders miner (1gh), best one OpenCL.

Any stats?

I never got the actual "mining" aspect working, so I don't have a collisions/min value to compare.  I did notice that some of the open source implementations of a GPU miner used a version of SHA512 derived from JohnTheRipper.  I did manage to get my code about 1.4x the speed of the JTR implementation.
BTC: 1E2egHUcLDAmcxcqZqpL18TPLx9Xj1akcV
PTS: Pstkk1gZCxc4GEwS1eBAykYwVmcubU1P8L

Offline Aber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 10:15:40 pm »
Go with the fee, but yourcode need to be really good, look at reorders miner (1gh), best one OpenCL.

Any stats?

Offline gigawatt

• View Profile
Question about selling/trading GPU code
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 09:44:57 pm »
A while back I was working on making an OpenCL implementation of a miner for Protoshares.
I ended up writing very optimized version of the hashing code itself, but never managed to integrate it into a functioning miner.  All the code and comments I've written are from scratch.

Would I be in the wrong to sell/trade the OpenCL code?  What about giving it away freely with a donation sharing stipulation?
BTC: 1E2egHUcLDAmcxcqZqpL18TPLx9Xj1akcV
PTS: Pstkk1gZCxc4GEwS1eBAykYwVmcubU1P8L