Author Topic: Bitcoin payment channels (lightning network) using bitshares accounts  (Read 2158 times)

Offline smartbean

• View Profile
I found documentation about importing a bitcoin private key into bitshares
 http://docs.bitshares.org/muse/migration/howto-exporting-wallet-clients.html

If it is possible to have the same private key for both a bitcoin account and a bitshares account could you then use your bitshares account to sign bitcoin transactions?

I'm contemplating the concept of using a bitshares account to sign bitcoin transactions
You could also broadcast a bitcoin transaction by putting it in the memo and sending it to a specific account.
 Which would open up payment channels/lightning network

imagine 2 separate BTS accounts opening a bitcoin payment channel with each other
 and both re signing a new 2 of 2 transaction everytime a witness updates a feed price.
You could have a bitcoin payment channel contract between 2 bts account that would promise one of them $100 of bitcoin and the other $100 loan of bitcoin.

How do you propose the same private key for the bitcoin address and the bitshares account looks like? I think the problem is, that you choose your BTS account and get a private key accordingly, and for BTC you can as far as I know only get a private key randomly by registering a wallet for which you get a random addresses (let aside 'address mining'...)

Can't you just get a the WIF private key and use that? I believe STEEM does it so why not BTS?

Offline crynvestor42

If it is possible to have the same private key for both a bitcoin account and a bitshares account could you then use your bitshares account to sign bitcoin transactions?

I'm contemplating the concept of using a bitshares account to sign bitcoin transactions
You could also broadcast a bitcoin transaction by putting it in the memo and sending it to a specific account.

imagine 2 separate BTS accounts opening a bitcoin payment channel with each other
 and both re signing a new 2 of 2 transaction everytime a witness updates a feed price.
You could have a bitcoin payment channel contract between 2 bts account that would promise one of them $100 of bitcoin and the other $100 loan of bitcoin.

How do you propose the same private key for the bitcoin address and the bitshares account looks like? I think the problem is, that you choose your BTS account and get a private key accordingly, and for BTC you can as far as I know only get a private key randomly by registering a wallet for which you get a random addresses (let aside 'address mining'...)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares