Author Topic: BitShares October 2017 - BURN %30 of Reserve pool  (Read 3694 times)

Offline R

• View Profile
Burning funds that are already locked away in the reserve pool won't make much difference to the market cap.

What will make a difference is if we spend these funds wisely on development, documentation and marketing.

Offline legacy

• View Profile
lol... I could not resist to comment this... 2 new accounts that never posted anything suggest to burn the reserve pool and think that price is going down because of this extra supply..that is funny.. :)

Anyway, historical lessons.. This has been extensively discussed in the past so NO! Bitshares took a huge hit because of this extra supply ages ago...And most of us in here took that hit ages ago so you can now enjoy what bitshares has to offer and be able to have this reserve pool...This proposal belongs to the past..We won't burn the reserve pool but feel free to make a worker proposal anyway. @perryjw1969 and @red-head may I also suggest that you go buy lots of bitshares on the market so you can vote yourself about this proposal and implement it.
Definitely agree.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Just because I have not posted anything here it does not mean I'm a new user.  I have followed BitShares for a while but can't see why having more supply/liquidity is a good thing.  In several other ICOs/tokens such as OBITS, Iconomi etc, burning tokens is said to make the remaining tokens more valuable.  Having "Reserve" BitShares in a pool makes them useless in my opinion.

Buyback + burn is a lot different than burning illiquid BTS from the reserve pool. The BTS in the reserve pool are not in circulation and thus burning them will have minimal effect on pricing.

Offline perryjw1969

mf-tzo,

I have been re-purchasing BitShares in the last couple of days.  I sold a lot when it jumped over 30 cents, but now it has come back down to earth.

Just because I have not posted anything here it does not mean I'm a new user.  I have followed BitShares for a while but can't see why having more supply/liquidity is a good thing.  In several other ICOs/tokens such as OBITS, Iconomi etc, burning tokens is said to make the remaining tokens more valuable.  Having "Reserve" BitShares in a pool makes them useless in my opinion.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
lol... I could not resist to comment this... 2 new accounts that never posted anything suggest to burn the reserve pool and think that price is going down because of this extra supply..that is funny.. :)

Anyway, historical lessons.. This has been extensively discussed in the past so NO! Bitshares took a huge hit because of this extra supply ages ago...And most of us in here took that hit ages ago so you can now enjoy what bitshares has to offer and be able to have this reserve pool...This proposal belongs to the past..We won't burn the reserve pool but feel free to make a worker proposal anyway. @perryjw1969 and @red-head may I also suggest that you go buy lots of bitshares on the market so you can vote yourself about this proposal and implement it.

Offline tehdos

Burn it.  Price is going down.  We don't need the extra supply.
For a long time bitshares price on market is decreasing.
Also on reserve pool we have about 1,007,228,549 BTS

This amount is not in use for something.
So that as a stakeholders we want to burn %30 of this reserve
No thanks. :)

As a "stakeholder", I can say that "we" don't think this is a good idea. BitShares is a lot more than it's market-cap and token price.

If I'm missing something, feel free to elaborate.

Offline perryjw1969

Burn it.  Price is going down.  We don't need the extra supply.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

Are you kidding? BTS is worth 20 times as much as half a year ago.

You can create a burn worker and have people vote for it. I doubt you'll get many votes though.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline red-head

Also on reserve pool we have about 1,007,228,549 BTS

This amount is not in use for something.
So that as a stakeholders we want to burn %30 of this reserve