Author Topic: How can I view the complete transaction history or order history?  (Read 10656 times)

Offline compumatrix

Maybe @roadscape could add this feature on list of APIs in CRYPTOFRESH or any other blockchain explorer being developed in the background.

Offline Spoon586

• View Profile
You can always submit to IRS official documentation and say the truth "They don't support instant export of financial books, i have to pay and wait for the process of generating such reports", as any other reasonable person would do in your case.

My place of residence is not in the USA. By IRS, I meant "tax authorities" in my country. But maybe I can do the same thing.

1) Find a friend, wife, sister, cousin who is a bit technical and ever used Linux or Mac and you are 40% good to go.

I am a little bit technical. I have also used Ubuntu before. Besides, I'm good at reading myself in. But I need a good detailed guide for this exact problem. However, my basic knowledge is limited. Of course, I don't want to study for days just to get a simple export. The trustworthy people around me have little technical understanding.

Despite technical hurdles, OpenLedger should still simplify this process for laymen. Taxes affect most people and sooner or later most of them will have to deal with the subject. I think such problems limit the growth of OpenLedger and bitshares.

Can someone provide a detailed guide that allows technically average informed people to get this export done?

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
There is no simple way to access/see entire history. [...] Please use API Docs from official Bitshares or reach someone who can be trusted on your side to do it for you (it will request your encrypted keys in order for your history to be generated/accessed ).

No! Do not hand over your keys to anyone!

You can easily access the entire history of your own account(s) by running a full node of your own. Your private keys are not required.

1) Find a friend, wife, sister, cousin who is a bit technical and ever used Linux or Mac and you are 40% good to go.
2) You are telling someone non technical to DEPLOY A FULL NODE ON HIS OWN AND DO TRANSACTION HISTORY ? You are having a piss or a blast with reason in your head ?

Cheers,

Luci.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
There is no simple way to access/see entire history. [...] Please use API Docs from official Bitshares or reach someone who can be trusted on your side to do it for you (it will request your encrypted keys in order for your history to be generated/accessed ).

No! Do not hand over your keys to anyone!

You can easily access the entire history of your own account(s) by running a full node of your own. Your private keys are not required.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
No one has an answer? Something so simple should be possible without any problems.

Openledger. info has the following info:

"We are not able to show you all the information about your transaction history - only the latest 100.
Check this link https://github.com/openledger/openledger_nodejs_api to find out full history."

I'm not an expert. How does it work with nodejs_api? Is there a comprehensible guide for laymen somewhere? I just want to download the complete transaction history. I need this urgently!

There is no simple way to access/see entire history. You have to understand that in case of larger volume of trading that file would be making half of UI unresponsive. Please use API Docs from official Bitshares or reach someone who can be trusted on your side to do it for you (it will request your encrypted keys in order for your history to be generated/accessed ).

You can always submit to IRS official documentation and say the truth "They don't support instant export of financial books, i have to pay and wait for the process of generating such reports", as any other reasonable person would do in your case.

Cheers,

Luci.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
This is one of the major shortcomings of BTS / DEX right now :( Wonder if it is being addressed in the GUI improvements going on.  :o

Offline Spoon586

• View Profile
No one has an answer? Something so simple should be possible without any problems.

Openledger. info has the following info:

"We are not able to show you all the information about your transaction history - only the latest 100.
Check this link https://github.com/openledger/openledger_nodejs_api to find out full history."

I'm not an expert. How does it work with nodejs_api? Is there a comprehensible guide for laymen somewhere? I just want to download the complete transaction history. I need this urgently!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:03:47 pm by Spoon586 »

Offline Spoon586

• View Profile
How can I view the full transaction history or order history? Recent activity does not show all orders. I need the information for the IRS.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:04:48 pm by Spoon586 »