Author Topic: Adam Back interview. Thoughts?  (Read 1682 times)

Offline weiry

• View Profile
I'm in the middle of listening to it currently. Definitely do not understand enough of it to TL:DR.

I'd be interested in reading/hearing more about encrypted transactions that can help to subvert the dangers inherent to centralization of hashing power. Particularly I'm interested in knowing if it's possible to implement this in a wallet, and if anyone is currently working on it? I would happily donate to anyone who's trying to make this easy to practice.

Another thing about the interview that interests me is the view that alt-coin's have no intrinsic value. Adam went so far as to call it unhealthy to have successful alt-coins that potentially damage the value of bitcoin. While I don't agree with this perspective I do think the proposed development model for developing BTC2.0 is a good one. It seems to mirror the protoshares to bitshares model.

What stood out to you?

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
For those of you that listened to the highly technical 1h44m long interview of Adam Back (interviewed by Andreas M. Antonopoulos) what did you think?

Anybody care to discuss what was said?

Even better, did anyone understand enough of it to TL:DR it?
It was a bit overwhelming and am trying to wrap my head around everything that was said.

Thoughts?

Here is the interview: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e77-the-adam-back-interview/#.UuBRT2Qo57M
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.