Author Topic: Cloud Wallet Login - Incorrect password  (Read 3966 times)

Offline Sonoma1043

• View Profile
Ok, it has been solved.
I have the same issue . How did u resolve it. I’ve change to local and  cloud wallet  vice vesa in setting and it still doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline doyoubit

• View Profile
How did you resolve it? I have exactly the same issue.

I posted above .... in settings change from cloud wallet login to local wallet login

Offline zerocritical

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ggndp
How did you resolve it? I have exactly the same issue.

Offline doyoubit

• View Profile
glad to hear you solved the issue, what was the problem?

In settings you can change wallet from "cloud login" mode to "local wallet' login mode
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 10:09:00 pm by doyoubit »

Offline turiya

Offline turiya

Someone advised me on the Telegram group to check the password is set to local wallet, and not cloud wallet.
When I want to do that I get this message: "You don't have a local wallet yet".
How is that possible? My fund is already in the local wallet. Also when I check Settings>Accounts it shows:
This local wallet does not contain any accounts.
I know I have created an account as my account name is taken already, I can not create a new account with
that account name.
So what should I do now?
It is simply a nightmare how this works...

Offline turiya

Hi, thanks for your answer.
I have not backed up, as I didn't find the way how to do that. I have seen tutorials on Youtube, but in those videos, they always covered how to back up the Web Wallet.
I haven't found any tutorial about how to back up the PC wallet.

This is the point about the password issue:
When I signed up and tried to create the password I had no option to type in any password but I had to accept which was provided automatically.
So I did that and copied that password.
Why is that not working??
If I go to the Settings >> Accounts >> Keys, I can see the generated password for the Cloud Wallet, but that's not good either.
Can you please give me an idea what should I do?
Thanks.

Offline doyoubit

• View Profile
Couple things

You saved the password when you created the account.   Make sure there is no whitespace at end of password when copying and pasting.

Did you create a backup of wallet when you transferred bts?  I hope you did.......If above does not work you will have to restore your backup, but you will need the password to unencrypt.

Offline turiya

Hi,
I have downloaded the core client to my PC, and sent some BTS into this wallet.
I want to send out some fund now, but I always get the "Incorrect password" as an error message when I try to login into the
Cloud Wallet. (I am trying to login into the PC wallet in order to send out the fund)
Why is that?
I have the password.
Actually, I don't even understand why should I sign up into "Cloud Wallet" if I have this core wallet on my PC.
Can you please let me know where can I find the password which lets me to login?
Thanks