Author Topic: [Worker] Deploy and maintain independent BitShares infrastructure  (Read 25134 times)

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
As promised, please find below the roadmap for the next few weeks.

https://github.com/blockchainprojects/2017-12-infrastructure/blob/master/Roadmap_2017-12-infrastructure.pdf

As usual, i am open for constructive feedback.

As far as the node deployment 2 in US and 2 in Asia Pacific. I see that you already have one in Tokyo, would you consider putting a second one in Australia? I think we have none there.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Worker is voted in.  Please keep us updated on what is being done to achieve the goal.
Thanks for all the votes. Of course we will keep you updated. Roadmap coming later today

I briefly reviewed the infrastructure proposal and am glad to see thought being put into this.

Please review @wackou's ideas on infrastrcture here: http://digitalgaia.io/backbone.html and give us your thoughts about that. It describes the network in terms of the roles servers have, and how seeds and block producers fit into an architecture that insulates block producers such that connections to the block producers are from seeds rather than public at large. He describes a "backbone" architecture that IMO would lead to a more robust network and safety for witness node operators.
The docker container we are developing will allow to build those roles.
However, the concept above has the intention to "hide" block producers from the rest of the p2p node, while our API nodes will be VERY public and use individual load balancers depending on the zone you are located in.

Worker is voted in.  Please keep us updated on what is being done to achieve the goal.
Xeroc, whats the best way to follow all of your great activity right now? Seems like we should vote in a Community Manager / Project Manager role with all the increased activity, hard to keep up and stay organized.
A community manager / project manager would be awesome.
We will udate on this worker on a regular basis. Transparency is important for me and I want to see feedback as soon as we deliver on our milestones.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:01:12 pm by xeroc »

Offline renkcub

• View Profile

Yes, please update. Thanks.

Xeroc, whats the best way to follow all of your great activity right now? Seems like we should vote in a Community Manager / Project Manager role with all the increased activity, hard to keep up and stay organized.

Offline Thom

I briefly reviewed the infrastructure proposal and am glad to see thought being put into this.

Please review @wackou's ideas on infrastrcture here: http://digitalgaia.io/backbone.html and give us your thoughts about that. It describes the network in terms of the roles servers have, and how seeds and block producers fit into an architecture that insulates block producers such that connections to the block producers are from seeds rather than public at large. He describes a "backbone" architecture that IMO would lead to a more robust network and safety for witness node operators.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
The BBF has asked me to reach out to the community and proxies to identify the problems some shareholders and proxies might have with the proposal and thus not vote for it.
They accept the influence of proxies and understand the implications of the distributed approval process and thus want to offer to improve the worker proposal
to come to consensus with no-voting community members and proxies.

So please let them know (if you find the time) to discribe to them the reasons for not supporting the infrastructure proposal. If you do not want a public argument, please send an
email to either info@bitshares.foundation or the spokesperson@bitshares.foundation.

Thank you!

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
What is the reasoning not to vote for this?  With growing popularity, this makes sense to make sure the network is accessible to all during this phase.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
We need this badly. Lot of user complaining of slowness and losing connections this is not good !!! I'm surprised it is not voted in yet !!!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
*bump* This worker only needs 90M more votes to get started!

Offline oxarbitrage

I am surprised to so so little discussion about it ...

me too but it is close to approval at this moment, shareholders realize this is important. we need to have our own public infrastructure. the job is easier to quantify and measure progress than others.  confident it will get voted in.

binggo

To deploy independent servers is useless for us(the guy in china), so sad!!!
But i think this Worker is good for BitShares ecosystem, Support!!!
The milestones say that we want to deploy servers in china too ..

Deploy servers in Mainland China is not a goog idea, but HONKONG is the right place.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

The milestones say that we want to deploy servers in china too ..

binggo

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH