Author Topic: [Worker] Deploy and maintain independent BitShares infrastructure  (Read 25132 times)

Offline memunix

• View Profile
This node appears to be down since yesterday at least (the first time I had looked)

https://eu.nodes.bitshares.works/

Code: [Select]
11 eof_exception: End Of File
stringstream
    {}
    th_a  sstream.cpp:109 peek

{"str":""}
    th_a  json.cpp:478 from_string

netdragonx

Excited to see these deployed and what it'll mean for performance.

If you need any help, let me know. I've managed HAProxy clusters in the past.

Offline blockchainprojectsbv

• View Profile
The first set of two nodes behind a loadbalancer is already deployed in EU zone (this was our inhouse test, see the last report) and is available under
  • eu.nodes.bitshares.works
All deployment scripts are tested and finalized. Setting up additional nodes in different zones is now only hold up by actually obtaining the servers in the desired zone, that is what we are currently waiting for. Once that is done the US and Asian nodes will be deployed and published asap.

Best regards,
   Stefan Schießl
   Blockchain Projects BV

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX
We do, my Dallas node is at 86% with all the price swings in last 48hrs and the foundation notes are in maintenance through 18 Jan (saw the note on steemit somwhere). So atm for US nodes you can use:

Code: [Select]
wss://la.dexnode.net/ws (Los Angeles - Recommended my newest 128GB server)
wss://kc-us-dex.xeldal.com/ws (Kansas City, USA)
wss://relinked.com/ws (Vancouver, CA)
wss://dexnode.net/ws (Dallas node)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:02:06 pm by sahkan »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
First actual report published - see opening post.

Offline blockchainprojectsbv

• View Profile
We (Blockchain Projects BV) would like to give an update on the matters of this infrastructure worker.

Faucet
So far, our partner bitshares.eu (who runs the reference faucet for us) has created over

15,000 accounts with 30 upgrades to LTM

The faucet account (onboarding.bitshares.foundation) is owned by committee-account and active keys
are escrowed by the BitShares Blockchain Foundation for us to use for account creation.
The worker has funded that account with 25,000 BTS so far with ~7,000 BTS left in the account and
over 18,000 BTS available to be claimed from the referral program. This means that so far,
the faucet can be operated without providing further funds.

We have further asked bitshares.eu to implement a status page for the reference onboarding which now
now also comes with a map of locations where users registered from. You can find this status page here:
https://bitshares.eu/referral/onboarding/onboarding.bitshares.foundation

Further progress on that status page will be commissioned as we progress further.

This completes milestone 1

Docker container

A docker-compatible deployment has been developed and integrated into BitShares-core. This feature
will be available with the next release (which will be a non-hardfork release as per the core developers).
We further added integration into docker-hub which automatically builds docker-containers with every
tag produced on the bitshares-core repository.

Documentation of the docker container and it's usage will follow today or later this week.

This completes milestone 2

Orchestration tooling

We have made significant progress on the orchestration tooling which comes with the following stack
of software:

* bitshares-docker
* bitshares-healthchecker
* haproxy
* certbot/letsencrypt
* munin monitoring
* nagios monitoring

Right now, we are looking for internal accounting and finance to give a go for ordering the first machines
for real-environment staging deployment.

This leads to milestone 3 being completed by 80%

Deployment

As soon as we have a go from internal accounting and finance, we will obtain first servers and deploy
redundant nodes in the U.S. (as per the milstone).

So far, we are still looking into a proper DNS to be able to offer load-balanced domains with recognizable
branding.

Billing
So far, no bills have been send to the BBF.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I would like to let everyone know that we have started setting up orchistration tools and will hopefully deploy the first servers next week.

Also, the (committee-owned) onboarding account has registered almost 10k accounts this far:

Only 25k BTS have been funded into the account with 13k BTS left and 12k BTS sitting in vesting to be claimed today .. that makes it a break even already ..
If things go well, the Bitshares community might not even need to provide further funding for the faucet and it can sustain itself (minus operational and maintenance costs)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
example:

I guess the question now is what does "70%" actually mean ... And from my understanding that means that 70% of the 80% (100%-20% network fee) is given to the referrer ... while 30% of the 80% are given to the registar.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
For the record:
We have modified the bitshares.eu faucet to work properly for the infrastructure worker according to the worker proposal.
Going forward new accounts will NO LONGER have the `openledger` proxy as default but BTS investors need to OPTIN into a proxy relationship.

Also, we have setup a distinct page for the faucet so that everyone can see the actual settings on the faucet as well as some (currently basic) stats:

We have also started work on the orchestration tool that we intend to use to manage multiple bitshares nodes around the globe and expect to be able to deploy the first public nodes in january.
Until then, we will hopefully also have some domain under which we can offer the public API endpoints.

shouldn't the faucet give 70% referral share?

and are there advanced tracking options planned like you use for .eu?
It does set 70%, however, for some reason, cryptofresh shows different data. You can see the actual 70% (represented as 7,000) in the account-create operation on chain:

http://cryptofresh.com/tx/702d33c3f7d4268c048062a262e13d88d486043e

I do intent to add more tracking features there too, for now all those that bts.eu uses are there too. Some may not yet be presented like ip adresses of users for privacy concerns. Maybe we will add a map for the onboarded users thru that account specifically

registered an account yesterday (via test wallet) and it showed as 65% in the wallet. perhaps there is a bug?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
For the record:
We have modified the bitshares.eu faucet to work properly for the infrastructure worker according to the worker proposal.
Going forward new accounts will NO LONGER have the `openledger` proxy as default but BTS investors need to OPTIN into a proxy relationship.

Also, we have setup a distinct page for the faucet so that everyone can see the actual settings on the faucet as well as some (currently basic) stats:

We have also started work on the orchestration tool that we intend to use to manage multiple bitshares nodes around the globe and expect to be able to deploy the first public nodes in january.
Until then, we will hopefully also have some domain under which we can offer the public API endpoints.

It does set 70%, however, for some reason, cryptofresh shows different data. You can see the actual 70% (represented as 7,000) in the account-create operation on chain:

http://cryptofresh.com/tx/702d33c3f7d4268c048062a262e13d88d486043e

I do intent to add more tracking features there too, for now all those that bts.eu uses are there too. Some may not yet be presented like ip adresses of users for privacy concerns. Maybe we will add a map for the onboarded users thru that account specifically

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
For the record:

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
For the record:

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
As far as the node deployment 2 in US and 2 in Asia Pacific. I see that you already have one in Tokyo, would you consider putting a second one in Australia? I think we have none there.
That's all possible, we just wanted to have a consise set of milestones and go further as it is possible with the funding.