Author Topic: Password incorrect  (Read 9690 times)

Offline doyoubit

• View Profile
I think abit might be correct. Check in settings that you are using "cloud login" Instead of "wallet login" 

Switch back to cloud login and your passwords should work

Offline ropaar

• View Profile
In my case, I have written my password correctly, still get "incorrect password".  I have also saved the link to favorite and use that to login.  My goal is to accumulate Bitshares and keep it safe.  But opened 2 accts and both said "incorrect password".

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Using "generated password" means you're using the account model / cloud model. No way to recover your account if you have forgotten your password (or perhaps you're trying to login to a wrong username?). "I can see the balance of my coins inside it" doesn't mean you can move the fund, since account balance is public. If you've stored your password somewhere, please check the length of the password string, if the length is less than standard, perhaps can try to brute force it by appending missed characters.

PM me your account name and the password you've saved, perhaps I can help.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline hadiramli

Hi Guys,  I did read all the post talking about this issues. I even message a person that claims he can help to recover my assets but there is no reply yet from him.

Situation:
I transfer my BTS from Bittrex ( since they want to remove it from the exchanger) to my wallet. I did create a backup (bin file) and using a password generated by the wallet.  I copy the password and store it safely with a few backup.

I did try login using the username and password and I can access it (I can see the balance of my coins inside it). However, after a few days, when I try to login again, there is a message stated that "Incorrect password". Yes, I did a lot of things to try to recover it, however, it did not work.

H.E..L.P

I can be contacted at hadiramli@gmail.com

Thank you in advance!!!