Author Topic: Password incorrect  (Read 9676 times)

Offline Macario

I still can't access my funds. It must be BTS problem for sure. Kinda stupid, they screw up, then we have to pay fee to someone to get Us our money back.

And all that developers can say is "try different login type" ffs.

Offline zbiggy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: z3ychu
This bitshares sucks completely still cant access my account this is unacceptable !!!!! I tried my password saved in safe place I tried bin file still cant restore !!!!! This needs spreading around ......

Offline juzzy83

• View Profile
Hi. It’s quite likely that I’m another victim of this. Is there someway to get my account access back? Could we not collective approach someone to get it sorted? I use a password manager to store my details. It seemed funny to me when I first got the incorrect password message. In finding this thread, it seems there’s more than meets the eye here. And it sure doesn’t seem to be a fault on my part.

Offline michaeloost

• View Profile
True, I have found some cases too.

There has to be an issue with the login of some sort (user-defined passwords, special characters in old passwords..).
I sure didn't go out and change all my password copies, original, backups, password managers backup, password managers, URLS on 2 computers each 2 browsers because I was bored, and wanted to lock myself out of my account!

I am spending my time to go over their commits on github repo for any clues...

Keep us updated.
I've only got 1000 BTS on the line ( the incorrect password error in my first account on Openledger DEX )
The new DEX account I made today seems to work, but I probably won't send any BTS to it unless the first account becomes accessible again.

Offline Pythagoras

• View Profile
I had the same problem, until today... i could login to my ACCOUNT MODEL.

Then i wanted to send BTS to binance and i could not send it. The send button didn't highlight.
I checked multiple times, but i could not send.

And NOW.... INVALID PASSWORD.... its the same frea... password, saved in notepad.

Still cant log in..

Sometings very fishy

Offline Shaolin

Hello,
same problem here. Since they have the new website I cannot access my account anymore. Same message
"incorrect password".
This is clearly a technical issue with the password function and is not tolerable.
I am willing to pay a 30% recovery fee if it is my fault but not for a technical glitch of the provider.
As far as I understand the comments on this website some more customers have the same problem.
Any suggestions how we could solve this problem together ?

Offline ropaar

• View Profile
I am sure he is good.  His minimum is $500 due to high demand, he said  I guess since there are many people with issues, he would help those who would be considered important to him.   $450 is pretty much all I have in my account.  His own word: Hi everyone, I've just updated the main thread. I unfortunately have to start a minimum fee of $500 due to high demand. If you sent me a message before and I did not get back to you, please send me another message only if you are ready to pay the minimum fee.

Offline hadiramli

Guys,

I just got back my BTS! Contact this guy on Skype, he's happy to help.
He provides an awesome service.

His Skype ID : fluxanomaly627

He's a good guy!

Offline Elendil999

Yeah there’s something wrong here for sure but not much help or ressources to be found sadly

Offline Macario

True, I have found some cases too.

There has to be an issue with the login of some sort (user-defined passwords, special characters in old passwords..).
I sure didn't go out and change all my password copies, original, backups, password managers backup, password managers, URLS on 2 computers each 2 browsers because I was bored, and wanted to lock myself out of my account!

I am spending my time to go over their commits on github repo for any clues...

Offline Elendil999

I have the same problem.

I created account wallet and as I understand, this is now called "cloud wallet".
I only have account name and password.
No brain key, no bin file...

Bitshares Online exchange URL was saved on few of my computers. I was accessing account on all of those
a few months ago.

Yesterday, I wanted to login, and bookmarked URL didn't work and there was a notice about new URL "https://wallet.bitshares.org".
Ok, I go to "https://wallet.bitshares.org" and there is login form. My password manager filled account name and password but I keep getting 'Incorrect password".

Ok, I go to settings, search for login type and I play around with different login types ("cloud login" and "local wallet")...try both and both don't work.
I go to my second computer (which also have saved the password, account name and URL), and the story is the same. I can't login to my account.

I just don't understand, what changed, since last few months. I never had any problem accessing my account. And the password is saved in MULTIPLE locations. Encrypted files, encrypted backup files, 2 different password managers, yet suddenly it is the wrong password.

So all of these was tried on Chrome and Edge web browsers on 2 computers (which both worked 2-3 months ago). Login was set to "Could Login".

Then I went to download bitshare2-light...and password is still incorrect.

*********EDIT***********
Something else come to my mind.
I found this issue on bitshare github: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/issues/177

Looking at this, bit shares auto-create password nowadays when you create Cloud account.

So I created a new account, to get the format of the new password. It is WIF format, right?
But looking at my password I created many months ago, It is different by the look. As I remember, I created my password myself with password random generator and 20+ length.

Can there be a bug with cloud login, that it can only decrypt passwords that were auto-created on the new login form and not being able to decrypt old passwords, users created themselves?
Mybe some sort of character creates an exception in decoding process user-created passwords? My password is pretty hectic with characters.
This is just a thought, since my login data is 100% correct and login type is correct too (cloud) as I said few times, BUT I still cannot get to my account.

Best Regards

This is exactly the kind of issue that is freaking me out. I’ve found over a dozen cases online of people with similar issue. Now I understand that sometimes users can be stupid and make mistakes or forget their passwords, but this kind of issue is inexplicable and seems to be a complete bug. I understand that there is a way to log in from cloud and local, but if both don’t work and the password was saved automatically (which only happens after having logged on and entering it correctly in the past) there is absolutely no explanation for it not working anymore. I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out how I can have my password wrong and trying to brute force my own password but it seems like their last update might have broken something for some of use users and we’re just left with our funds robbed. Before the new wallet migration I could log in and access anything with no issue and I didint have to enter my password because my browser had the wallet. Now I’m out of thousands of dollar. I’m so disappointed in this project.

Offline Macario

I have the same problem.

I created account wallet and as I understand, this is now called "cloud wallet".
I only have account name and password.
No brain key, no bin file...

Bitshares Online exchange URL was saved on few of my computers. I was accessing account on all of those
a few months ago.

Yesterday, I wanted to login, and bookmarked URL didn't work and there was a notice about new URL "https://wallet.bitshares.org".
Ok, I go to "https://wallet.bitshares.org" and there is login form. My password manager filled account name and password but I keep getting 'Incorrect password".

Ok, I go to settings, search for login type and I play around with different login types ("cloud login" and "local wallet")...try both and both don't work.
I go to my second computer (which also have saved the password, account name and URL), and the story is the same. I can't login to my account.

I just don't understand, what changed, since last few months. I never had any problem accessing my account. And the password is saved in MULTIPLE locations. Encrypted files, encrypted backup files, 2 different password managers, yet suddenly it is the wrong password.

So all of these was tried on Chrome and Edge web browsers on 2 computers (which both worked 2-3 months ago). Login was set to "Could Login".

Then I went to download bitshare2-light...and password is still incorrect.

*********EDIT***********
Something else come to my mind.
I found this issue on bitshare github: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/issues/177

Looking at this, bit shares auto-create password nowadays when you create Cloud account.

So I created a new account, to get the format of the new password. It is WIF format, right?
But looking at my password I created many months ago, It is different by the look. As I remember, I created my password myself with password random generator and 20+ length.

Can there be a bug with cloud login, that it can only decrypt passwords that were auto-created on the new login form and not being able to decrypt old passwords, users created themselves?
Maybe some sort of character creates an exception in decoding process user-created passwords? My password is pretty hectic with characters.
This is just a thought since my login data is 100% correct and login type is correct too (cloud) as I said few times, BUT I still cannot get to my account.

Best Regards

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 02:44:39 pm by Macario »

Offline doyoubit

• View Profile
Hi I have exactly same problem, I saved my password correctly, I didn't log in for few months since may and I also  get "incorrect password" !!!!!!!
Hi I have exactly same problem, I saved my password correctly, I didn't log in for few months since may and I also  get "incorrect password" !!!!!!!
I posted above if wallet login and cloud login do not both work with same password.

--= If you created wallet in wallet mode you must have your settings set to  wallet mode for password to work

--= If you created your wallet in cloud mode you must have wallet set to cloud settings for password to work

You can check which mode you are in by going to Settings in wallet and near bottom of page you can toggle one or the other
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:38:17 pm by doyoubit »

Offline Elendil999

Hello,

I have the same problem too. I made my account on the old browser, and it was (and still is) saved to my browser, and I would log in just by opening my bookmark no problem password would work fine. Now today I log in after a while and it tells me I need to update to their new wallet and transfer there. Which I tried doing but no matter what I do it says my password is wrong and now I’m doubting what’s going on. It was a quite simple password that I know well. I can’t remember if I made the cloud or browser version now? And how come nothing seems to be working. Their whole system is so confusing with so many ways to create accounts and log in and back up wallet. I have my bin file and when I log on to their old website that I have bookmarked, I’m automatically “in” and can see my wallet and make backup of it, but nothing else, password incorrect everywhere. 30k BTS gone because they updated their wallet?? This is really sad

Offline zbiggy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: z3ychu