Author Topic: help with old wallet from 2015  (Read 1928 times)

Offline zawadz

• View Profile
  • BitShares: zawadz
Now I remember why I left Bitshares in 2015 for other crypto (I am happy I did). This is exactly the kind of stuff that makes Bitshares "uninvestible". Its a shame coz the BitUSD presents a great alternative for someone wanting to cash out from BTC or other crypto. But you guys won't attact any larger money with this kind of stuff. A few years pass and I cannot access my funds because of some new version of the client. The "restore your wallet" feature should be intuitive - press 2,3 buttons pop the pen drive with the back up and you are done. Not writing posts on the forum begging for help with very unclear "import your wallet" guides.
I am no programmer but I am into crypto since 2013 - now imagine the regular investor....

Offline zawadz

• View Profile
Thanks for the link.
I am having problems right in the beginning:
"The web wallet of BitShares 2.0 has a Wallet management Console. that will help you import your funds. It can be access via BitShares 2.0: Settings -> Wallets"
In my bitshares (the one downloaded here: https://bitshares.org/download/) I can't see the "Wallets" tab under the Settings tab. There is only "local wallet"

Offline doyoubit

• View Profile

Offline zawadz

• View Profile
I created a Bitshares account (and backed it up with a json file) in February 2015. Today I tried to login to Bitshares wallet.
I haven't used Bitshares for all that time. I know there were major changes since then. When I try to access Bitshares.org or OpenLedger the system identifies my username. However my password does not work. I am sure I wrote down the password correctly.
I tried to restore my account by uploading the json file. But the file format is apparently wrong. Does it mean that my backup from 2015 won't work?
Thank you for any suggestions!