Author Topic: Need help -- green newbie  (Read 3576 times)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Hi Coin Boy,

Yes you will need to have BTC first or some other coin which is tradable on DEX.
Service which I use to buy BTC is uphold.com but there are other ways like localbitcoins.com

Good luck  :)

Offline Coin Boy

• View Profile
hello my friendS
I'm sorry to hear you through a message, I decided to buy bts, maybe I can do it directly without having bitcoins, or simply have to, so in all this I'm new, slowly learning and I beg you to help me, because I do not have bitcoin wallet.
with respect :)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, I am new to BTS and this group.

As of yesterday I opened a BTS Wallet and transferred some BTC into the wallet. My wallet shows that it has 449 BTS. I read in the other post about just holding onto the BTS and not trading. This is what I was wondering about. If a person just wants to own BTS they can just leave it in their wallet correct? without having to do any trading? So as the price of BTS moves so would the value of your total BTS?
Welcome coinjar
Yes one of the options is just to keep your BTS coins in your wallet and enjoy while they grow in value against USD and other fiat  :)

Offline coinjar

• View Profile
Hi everyone, I am new to BTS and this group.

As of yesterday I opened a BTS Wallet and transferred some BTC into the wallet. My wallet shows that it has 449 BTS. I read in the other post about just holding onto the BTS and not trading. This is what I was wondering about. If a person just wants to own BTS they can just leave it in their wallet correct? without having to do any trading? So as the price of BTS moves so would the value of your total BTS?

Offline Coin Boy

• View Profile
Thank you Vegolino  :) ;) :D

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Hello
I have one question, I am new here, I have not yet registered or created a wallet, I'm interested in one when I pay $ 100 and I buy bts whether it is possible to simply not trade, but to wait for the course I bought to grow like a bitcoin, then I pick up a profit which I will do.
Thanks for your reply
Welcome to BTS Coin Boy,
So you wish just to buy BTS and not trade. Yes,  it is possible as many of us here are not traders but simply HODLERS as you wish to be.
Easiest way would be to buy BTC first and then transfer it to your BTS wallet. After that you can just follow instruction which I have given to jszorady/ Jim.
Good luck  :)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
You are welcome Jim  :)

Offline jszorady

• View Profile
  • BitShares: jimz1
Thank you Vegolino.
worked great.   beginning to understand the way this works.
Lots to learn.

Regards,

Jim

Offline Coin Boy

• View Profile
Hello
I have one question, I am new here, I have not yet registered or created a wallet, I'm interested in one when I pay $ 100 and I buy bts whether it is possible to simply not trade, but to wait for the course I bought to grow like a bitcoin, then I pick up a profit which I will do.
Thanks for your reply

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Go to Exchange in your BTS wallet,
then choose OPEN.BTC/BTS market, 
then go to BUY BTS  and place your bid to buy BTS

Offline jszorady

• View Profile
  • BitShares: jimz1
Hi all,

Managed to send some bitcoin from my coinbase wallet to my bitshare account.
Now I want to convert it to bitshares.   Can't figure this out.   any help appreciated.

thanks

Jim