Author Topic: SmartCoin based on ETF  (Read 2783 times)

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Such suggestion is raised once in a while, and a lot of people show interest in ETF traking smartcoins. The problem that hardly any ETF can outperform crypto. If you want to peg a smart coin to ETF, this should be some killer ETF, which at least outperforms USD, GOLD and SILVER.

I agree that no "legacy" equity or fixed income based ETF can outperform cryptos. But USD pegged smartcoins can't do it too and and BitUSD has a market cap of almost $27M. So we speak about price stability and low volatility. I think at this point it's interesting to have an ability to move some assets from 0-Risk & 0-Performance zone to an smartcoin with low volatility and long term return higher than the inflation rate.

That would make sense. Why not?

Offline mrSmall

• View Profile
Such suggestion is raised once in a while, and a lot of people show interest in ETF traking smartcoins. The problem that hardly any ETF can outperform crypto. If you want to peg a smart coin to ETF, this should be some killer ETF, which at least outperforms USD, GOLD and SILVER.

I agree that no "legacy" equity or fixed income based ETF can outperform cryptos. But USD pegged smartcoins can't do it too and and BitUSD has a market cap of almost $27M. So we speak about price stability and low volatility. I think at this point it's interesting to have an ability to move some assets from 0-Risk & 0-Performance zone to an smartcoin with low volatility and long term return higher than the inflation rate.

Offline luther

• View Profile
  • BitShares: luther

I agree. That is why I would perhaps suggest using the 3x ETFs which allow for higher risk.

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline chamber

• View Profile
There's the Bittwenty, which acts like an ETF for the top 20 cryptocurrencies:

http://bittwenty.com/

Offline mrSmall

• View Profile
Hi all,

it's my first post here. I realy like the idea behind the smart coins. Is there any interest or maybe ongoing work on smart coins tracking the price/performance of an ETF? I think it could help to reach higher portfolio diversification. What do you think?

Thanks