Author Topic: How is a UIA burned?  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Voyager_8

• View Profile
Thanks PC. Yep seems like this would do the trick for burning, but why would it be useless? If they do not burn open.BTC upon withdrawal then they will be running a greater than 100% supply of OPEN.BTC than their current wallet in which case it would reduce faith in the backing of that asset given it could result in an inflated supply of UIA's.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
See reserve_asset under http://docs.bitshares.org/development/namespaces/wallet.html

I don't know how OpenLedger handle their UIAs. I don't think they issue/burn them for each deposit/withdraw, that would be kind of pointless.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Voyager_8

• View Profile
A burn operation? Documented where? So if you return the open.BTC to their wallet then then they issue a on-chain OP to burn them? Can they then be re-issued from supply later?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
yep, there's a burn operation

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
burn the uia assets  like what  bridage.btc did

Offline Emadovesky

• View Profile
Send it to NULL

Offline yvv

• View Profile
When you return OPEN.BTC to openledger wallet, it is the same as you destroy it.

Offline Voyager_8

• View Profile
Like Open.BTC for example, if you deposit BTC then openledger will issue an OPEN.BTC, but when you withdraw BTC it should be destroyed, how does an issuer destroy a UIA?