Author Topic: Looking for help trying to run the 0.9.3c wallet. It won't launch!  (Read 6858 times)

Offline V D-C

• View Profile

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
/bitshares1-core-bts-0.4.24.1/bitshares/libraries/fc/vendor/websocketpp

does not contain a CMakeLists.txt file.

-- Could NOT find Curses (missing:  CURSES_LIBRARY CURSES_INCLUDE_PATH)
-- Found Readline: /usr/include 
-- Finished fc module configuration...
-- Using  as BerkeleyDB root
-- Looking for: db_cxx-6.0
-- debug/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdb_cxx.sooptimized/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdb_cxx.so
-- Found BerkeleyDB: /usr/include 
-- Enabling Bitcoin Core Wallet Imports
-- Could NOT find Curses (missing:  CURSES_LIBRARY CURSES_INCLUDE_PATH)
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/bitshares1-core-bts-0.4.24.1/bitshares/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
It's so funny I literally can't get any wallet to install or launch. 0.9.3c is sooooo close to running... and then it crashes.

Brilliant. You literally couldn't make this shit up. There must be millions of geeks who could help too.

"RTM DICKHEAD"

Offline V D-C

• View Profile

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Hmmm, getting "Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!" now during "cmake."

I'll see if I can find some way too fix these errors. Although I did a git clone bitshares then cd'd into the cloned bitshares directory so I'm not really sure which wallet it's trying to install now even though I started out in the 0.4.24.1 directory.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:58:23 pm by V D-C »

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
I just downloaded the blockchain and unpacked it and tried launching the wallet. It still crashes at the end of the splash screen just as it's about to launch.

So now I'm thinking about installing v0.4.24.1 and taking it from there. Now I'm not sure if I should move the blockchain out of .Bitshares? (obviously I'm expecting that question to go unanswered).

Thanks, friends!

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Might try this tomorrow -

Install v0.4.24.1, import and unlock the backup wallet (you might see a wallet format upgrade message)
    Upgrade to v0.6.2, open and unlock the same wallet (I don't think this step is necessary but just in case)
    Upgrade to v0.9.3c, import the final blockchain and do a full rescan following the 2.0 migration instructions

from this thread -

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9194.60

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
This is the error from bash before it crashes -

Loading config from file: /home/kat/.BitShares/config.json
Using blockchain checkpoints from file: /home/kat/.BitShares/checkpoints.json
Initializing state from built-in genesis file
Successfully replayed 0 blocks in 6 seconds.                         
Blockchain size changed from 0MiB to 0MiB.
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I actually thought for a second I'd got Bitshares to run. Try again moron... HAHAHA

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
This is the error I'm getting when I try and execute the binary -

./BitShares: error while loading shared libraries: libgstreamer-0.10.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Okay -

sudo apt-get install libgstreamer0.10-0

Now this -

./BitShares: error while loading shared libraries: libgstapp-0.10.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

sudo apt-get install libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0

Right so now it runs without any lib errors but I'm now getting this message from Bitshares GUI -

"An error occurred while trying to start. Please try restarting the application."

I re-run the programe and the loading screen loads with some information about what it's doing i.e. loading the blockchain etc and then just as it's about to launch it crashes with "Segmentation fault (core dumped)"

I'm having a lot of fun trying to get bitshares running :D

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
In the "(o) Open an existing wallet" prompt I have so far tried running -- default, open default, "default" and "open default"

No luck unfortunately. I have searched around the internet too and have not managed to find anything helpful up to now.

Let me assure you all that I know there are many of you in this great community of ours sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for my posts and praying for a favourable outcome. I'd just like to pause for a moment to thank all of you from the very bottom of my heart xxx

Friends! I'll keep you all up to date.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:56:28 pm by V D-C »

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Tried downloading the GUI client, but I can't get it to run. So I'm stuck.

The support isn't very good here tbh. I have asked for help 3 times now over the years and the only person who offered to help was trying to extract a percentage of my bitshares funds.

I wasn't even going to try and recover the wallet because I already knew I'd end up wasting my time. So what's the point?

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
I think it's a cli. So I created ~/home/.Bitshares and put the wallet.dat in there.

Then I ran the executable and at the prompt "(wallet closed) >>>" I entered "wallet_export_keys /home/kat/Downloads/keys.json"

Then this messaged popped up -

A wallet must be open to execute this command. You can: (o) Open an existing wallet (c) Create a new wallet (q) Abort command Choose [o/c/q]:

I clicked "o" and now it's asking for a wallet name. I have no idea what the name of the wallet is. Can someone help?

Thanks!

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Hi, I can't get the 0.9.3c wallet to run. In case it's not obvious I have an old wallet.dat from early 2014 that I'm hoping to import into the latest clinet.

I downloaded the archive, extracted it and have an executable -- bitshares_client.

The bash output on linux gives this when I try and get it to run -

./bitshares_client
Loading blockchain from: /home/kat/.BitShares/chain
Loading config from file: /home/kat/.BitShares/config.json
Using blockchain checkpoints from file: /home/kat/.BitShares/checkpoints.json
Not starting RPC server, use --server to enable the RPC interface
(wallet closed) >>>

I'm not really sure if I'm trying to run a GUI or CLI tbh and don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:11:07 pm by V D-C »