Author Topic: nano ledger S/trezor compaitibility?  (Read 2759 times)

Offline oxarbitrage

the most close to solving this is the experimental code made by @xeroc and @svk for a hackaton where they integrate trezor with steem, this code can be found at https://github.com/chainsquad

it should be possible with some effort to make this work for bitshares,  this topic is always bumped from time to time. if i remember correctly the development stopped mainly because bitshares was waiting for an upgrade from trezor on their api that will make this thing a lot easier than it is now. Now it needs to be done in C, the new api will allow to do everything from python. new api was never released from trezor, not sure how is that at this days.

kencode also was starting a project for ledger-nano, a device similar to trezor as far as i know. initial code can be found at https://github.com/Agorise/ledger-nano-s-bitshares but i think it was stopped for lack of funding.

if the bitshares community really targets this as a priority we will have a better view on what is needed than what we have now. probably need to hire someone with proven skills in trezor that had integrated other cryptos to it and work together with some of the bitshares devs to get what he needs, not sure, need to be planned first to have an idea of how much in $, time and in human resources this will need.

Offline Ravid

• View Profile
Some time back I beleive Agorise released their plans on hw wallet integration. I wonder how is it going

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
we got money, but we lack the needed resources. if you know good devs, send them our way

Offline iinstanc

• View Profile
hello all, new to these boards. 

love bitshares and think its the most exciting thing going in the crypto space right now.  does anyone know if there are any dev plans to be able to store BTS on a hardware wallet like the trezor or nano ledger?  i am not a dev, so have absolutely zero frame of reference for how difficult this would be
Hi, I was wondering exactly the same.
For me it would be a really good option to securely use Bitshare.

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI NXT-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Ru1016

hello all, new to these boards. 

love bitshares and think its the most exciting thing going in the crypto space right now.  does anyone know if there are any dev plans to be able to store BTS on a hardware wallet like the trezor or nano ledger?  i am not a dev, so have absolutely zero frame of reference for how difficult this would be