Author Topic: Functional remake of BTSbot!  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Trader1000

• View Profile
Currently, it is a mixture of Alt's code of btsbot (open source)+patches, rewritten libraries (re-implementation of open source libraries), and code for price feed(close source-- to prevent potential attacks on price manipulation).   

As for any code our team write, the license/source will be up to each member of the team, as i neither hold the license nor copy write of their works and I fully respect their decisions about their intellectual properties.  I only asked members of the team to provide me a license of code they write for me to run a working version of the bot, and all decisions about their intellectual rest with them.

At minimum, we will release parts of the code related to private-key and transaction signing for peer review. 

However for the entire project, the decision rest with the original authors of each part of the code, as they are the ultimate author of the intellectual property.  In additional before we release any code for public source, we will need to seek approval from our University, as some of us are students in a University, we may need a waiver in order to release our intellectual property rights.  Yes, IP laws a pain, so I do not guarantee anything, but I will try to do what I can. 

Also, I do plan to release a guide on how to get Alt's btsbot to work, but that might take a while, as it is very complicated, and requires a lot of specific tuning to get it to work. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 08:36:11 pm by Trader1000 »

Offline R

• View Profile
Is your remake open source?

Offline Trader1000

• View Profile
Since alt's shutdown of btsbot, Dex's liquidity has fallen a lot, therefore, my team and I had taken the initiative to recreate btsbots.  Currently, we have a working copy that is stable for over 1 week running at:
https://bitsharesbot.com/u/demo-trader

It is almost the same as the original one, except we use our own price feeds  and and a UIA deposit to pay for network fees. 

The two changes are due to baozi no longer publish a feed, and we need to pay for hosting and maintenance of the servers. 

Please note we treat Block 22607165 at genesis block to reduce database memory usage.  Please create a new account if your is older then that block. 

For more information please see the developer's post post: https://steemit.com/bitsharesbot/@aperson/bitsharesbot-is-now-live-formerly-know-as-not-btsbot
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:54:02 am by Trader1000 »