Author Topic: Interviewing ProtoShares/AngelShares Honoring DAC Devs  (Read 9792 times)

Offline fuzzy

I've thought about two channel names thus far:  Tea w/ Keyhotee, The Block Explorer. 

What do you think?  Any other suggestions?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

Sounds like a nice spot.  Probably best to start with that and allow everything to just grow on its own as more people start joining up and the group gets large. 

I am personally looking into making a little blog that I can post to and would like to try to interview people who want their idea spread from within the community..  For instance a chat with Adam B Levin just to give him a platform to tell the community about his ideas, or MMC's Dev along with people who are actively producing new tools for the community...etc.

That will be a longer term venture on my part though and wouldn't even necessarily need to be attached to your weekly fireside chat, though clips could be shared and "mixed" freely among the community. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 05:21:04 am by fuznuts »

Offline bytemaster

I have a green screen coming so I can record clips that are quality for post-production.   I think that the most decentralized way of handling this would be for people to upload youtube videos with their questions... post a link on the forum and then each week I will respond to as many questions as I can in 1 hour of time and then upload my responses for our editors to produce into the final product kind of like the Ethereum video.

Those that don't want to post a video can write into the forum and have someone else ask their question for them (fuznuts for example).

Thoughts?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Ethereum guys actually made the video-interview central http://www.ethereum.org/

Yeh but it isn't quite as easy for BitShares PTS because BitShares PTS not only provides a platform and liquidity, it also has Invictus developing meaty apps and...eventually tool-sets for others to build with.  It takes hitting BitShares from a bunch of angles to get it across to people. 

For me, I'd like to ask every expert I talk to in these "shows" how they would describe BitShares PTS, etc...

For instance I would like to ask the MemoryCoin Dev why he came over here and where he believes the value lies (i'm willing to wager it will most likely boil down to the social consensus and community buy-in)

Offline fuzzy

Great idea bytemaster!

The simplest way is to have one of those beer-drinking man-chats between nerds on Skype or whatever that are so popular these days. But I'd aim a little higher. This could double as serious promotion for Invictus and potential DAC creators, and quality production is very cheap with the technology we have available. It could also triple as media training - talking to a live camera is a skill like any other.

Pre-production

Scripting? Questions?  The community could post questions in a forum thread initially or a portion of the show centered on them.  (Bytemaster, a media "category" in the forums would be beautiful).  Of course people could also show up and ask questions when we are live, but I know I always have questions for Devs even if we get few people at first.  My hope for this would be to make it in the spirit of cryptocurrency--decentralized.  I'll gladly "host" a channel though.

Should there be an introduction video? Of course!, and I'm sure ByteMaster would let us use clips of their own for certain instances.

What's the format? Different each time? A) open, but people can "take the mic" and add their own points?, B) consider 1 hour of a 2-3 hour show to be "structured", with 1-2 hours hangout.

Quality
How will it be entertaining?  Sometimes it might not be, but the great thing about things today is that "best of clips" could be compiled by community members who love to do those things...or perhaps another model will eventually take shape.  Someone will eventually fill that hole just like you are stepping up to ask these questions ;)

How will it be informative?  The hour of structure will talk about basics, news, sociopolitical "deep" questions...perhaps let "newbies" show up and ask questions during a certain portion (with backup material in the case noone shows up)
HD? HD shouldnt be too hard using Google Hangouts, but I personally hope it can be inclusive of a broader audience...unless their equipment is TERRIBLE ;P

Production

Where/how will it be filmed?    Personally like Google Hangouts (until a decentralized solution exists)...or in a Haunted Cemetery.

How will it be post-edited?     I will definitely play with it and edit it.  Will probably make a blog to post links to news, youtube vids...etc.  But I think it would be awesome if noone "owned" them.  Just post it under BitSharesCommunity or something to that effect and let other channels grow out of people doing their own work to the clips.   

Promotion

Where will it be posted?     Posting through popular social networking sites will be a good start.  I personally love that Decentralized platforms can, if done correctly, incentivize participants to work to add value to the network (thus increasing the value of their stake).
If ByteMaster puts a "Media" Category in their forums, I would be glad to post pertinent videos there and would love to see others do the same (make it a kind of video social video blog).

How will it be advertised?  Good question on the Advertising. 

As for the rest, we will see how this goes.  I want to be there and make this thing my baby, but I dont want it centralized around me.  I also would like to eventually find someone who is willing to call me out when I'm an ass.  If it even matters what "I" want, in this.  Opinions from the community should be of utmost importance.  The next step would be to open a thread (I'll figure this out) that asks some important questions as to how the community would like to bootstrap this.  The up votes are starting to get high enough for me to take notice...and obviously it is the same with Bytemaster :)

I'd love to help with this project...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:28:52 am by fuznuts »

Offline fuzzy

I'll definitely be interested.  Please feel free to PM me and we can figure it out.

Offline fuzzy

Learning linux terminal for class...then come back to see 38 votes up! 

This is pretty sweet so far.  I
If I had the skills to do a video series I'd send a comprehensive and detailed plan to Invictus ASAP. Bytemaster mentioned a Shark Tank-like strategy.
@Clains, if you ever feel like joining up with me I would have no worries.  It is my hope that experts from the community will lend themselves to the effort organically after they realize my motives.  An honest and passionate community can kickstart this in ways we've never before thought possible.  At first, it will likely not be professional quality, but what matters is the message...thought-provocation and reaching out to a broader audience to teach them about crypto in general and the tools and utilities that will make their lives the 2.0 version of what it is today.  We don't have to model ourselves after traditional shows btw!  This SHOULD be organic and build in scale/visual quality as we naturally grow. 

Looking like some things are starting to naturally catch already.  I will love to see community members wrap their arms around this...

As always, I am thankful to have found this board and thankful for all those who actively participate in this extremely valuable experience.

So funny because that is precisely how I felt about this.

@Clains Lets just set up a dang hangout sometime.  I'm already chatting with some people behind the scenes but dont want to say anything quite yet. 

Ultimately I would just like to have a hangout that goes on and people from the community can show up and be asses or brilliant...take it as we get it.  Eventually, people will gravitate toward it and fall in love with the extra "layer" of community this provides.  I imagine the ambiance of random hanging in Team Speak when playing games with friends, only with focus topics of the day (a little bit of extra structured points).

Of course special guests would stop by and we would cut these scenes, upload them as separate vids...once certain community members become more popular among the community in general, we will start having special episodes that are "higher quality".
Right now, my big thing is that even when I talk to Bitcoin lovers, I have to always explain what BitShares is...a show like this could clarify it really easily and bring the concept to a broader audience, while inviting them to come on and ask questions--or better, eventually become a community personality!

Though, ByteMaster, I would hope you would let me in on the use of those Obi-Wan Keyhotee memes  :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 11:34:15 pm by fuznuts »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Ethereum guys actually made the video-interview central http://www.ethereum.org/

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Great idea bytemaster!

The simplest way is to have one of those beer-drinking man-chats between nerds on Skype or whatever that are so popular these days. But I'd aim a little higher. This could double as serious promotion for Invictus and potential DAC creators, and quality production is very cheap with the technology we have available. It could also triple as media training - talking to a live camera is a skill like any other.

Pre-production
Scripting? Questions?
Should there be an introduction video?
What's the format? Different each time?
What length of time are we aiming for?

Quality
How will it be entertaining?
How will it be informative?
HD?

Production
Where/how will it be filmed?
How will it be post-edited?

Promotion
Where will it be posted?
How will it be advertised?

Remember that any source of continuous updates in video-format in this space will grow a strong following. If you get bytemaster on each week, you should make the most of it. I suggest you start planning out your first video immediately.

What you need to do is tell bytemaster when you'll have a script, location, etcetc. ready. For instance, Saturday 8th you'll have a script and everything ready and sent to bytemaster, and you'll do the interview on skype at x'O clock on Sunday 9th.

Call this the alpha episode, and get tons of feedback for improvements for the next Sunday..  8)

Offline bytemaster

Fuz,  if you would like to interview me once a week I can make some time in my schedule to provide updates for everyone.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

If I had the skills to do a video series I'd send a comprehensive and detailed plan to Invictus ASAP. Bytemaster mentioned a Shark Tank-like strategy.
@Clains, if you ever feel like joining up with me I would have no worries.  It is my hope that experts from the community will lend themselves to the effort organically after they realize my motives.  An honest and passionate community can kickstart this in ways we've never before thought possible.  At first, it will likely not be professional quality, but what matters is the message...thought-provocation and reaching out to a broader audience to teach them about crypto in general and the tools and utilities that will make their lives the 2.0 version of what it is today.  We don't have to model ourselves after traditional shows btw!  This SHOULD be organic and build in scale/visual quality as we naturally grow. 

Looking like some things are starting to naturally catch already.  I will love to see community members wrap their arms around this...

As always, I am thankful to have found this board and thankful for all those who actively participate in this extremely valuable experience.

Offline CLains

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
maybe it would be worth mentioning in the monthly I3 newsletter, in something like a 'community activities' section. This would def get more people to vote.
A community actives section would be something that would encourage an even stronger community in general.

Offline fuzzy

looking for more and building some stuff as a hobby until I get more to work with ;)

Seriously considering this with what we have already though.  Let this effectively be one more bump to see how many we can get voting on this.