Author Topic: Insufficient BTS funds  (Read 7128 times)

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
i am in this same situation. But i just deposited about 20 bucks worth of btc into my account through the openledger gateway, and it STILL says insufficient funds!? i dont understand how i cant now place a single sell trade. Would anyone be willing to send me a tiny amt of BTS to  . This needs a fix!

okay i just bought BTS using BTC through blocktrades, on the platform. i went to open.BTC/BTS on the exchange and used the blue link "buy BTS".

It would still be preferable to have a workaround somehow.

Was the fee drop-down disabled or was there an error when you selected to pay the fee in Open.BTC?

Offline max045

• View Profile
i am in this same situation. But i just deposited about 20 bucks worth of btc into my account through the openledger gateway, and it STILL says insufficient funds!? i dont understand how i cant now place a single sell trade. Would anyone be willing to send me a tiny amt of BTS to  . This needs a fix!

okay i just bought BTS using BTC through blocktrades, on the platform. i went to open.BTC/BTS on the exchange and used the blue link "buy BTS".

It would still be preferable to have a workaround somehow.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:04:19 pm by max045 »

Offline surfingb

• View Profile
Thanks i Reapy now 10 bts! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
I ll sent you some to sertorius25

Offline surfingb

• View Profile

Hi. I have made a trade in the DEX and I have converted all my funds to BitUSD I try to exchange I get an "Insufficient funds to pay fees" error for not having any BTS  :'(

Can someone send me 0.1 BTS to get out of this problem? my count is sertorius25

I can not convert my BitUSD with BlockTrades either. The DEX should avoid these situations by preventing the entire rate from being spent. Sometimes in trading you act quickly and you do not realize.

Well, I send 10 bts to who send me 0.1 bts. Please Help me!

Offline kittredgekid

• View Profile
No need to share BTS.  Here is the solution:
Convert a small amount of your open.BTC to BTS to cover trading fees.  In the Bitshares wallet app, go to Withdraw and scroll down to INTERNAL CONVERSION.  Set the "from" currency to open.BTC and the target to BTS, then set the amounts.  Note that the "Insufficient funds" message highlighted in red on the right side immediately disappears.  Submit the request, then go to Dashboard to check your assets.  You should see a non-zero quantiy (what you requested) for BTS.  Now you can successfully submit trades to buy BTS with your open.BTC.

Offline paliboy

@SweetPotato I sent you some BTS, never send/trade all your BTS ;)

Offline SweetPotato

I am brand new to this and it took me hours just to figure out after finding and reading this that it probably wasn't something I was doing wrong when it kept saying I had insufficient funds for the fee to buy BTS from the BTC I sent it from coinbase.  But, all I want is to buy some BTS and it is so difficult. How do I get BTS to pay the fee to buy BTS?  Help!

Offline gil_brenner

Hey Fav - thanks - I sent you 1 back!

Offline slink

• View Profile
  • BitShares: go77
Sent 1 bts to slink  :)

Thank you very much! Just did my first exchange ever :)
Please let me know what is your username so I can return the BTS.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Sent 1 bts to slink  :)

Offline slink

• View Profile
  • BitShares: go77
@gil_brenner check your wallet :)

With the risk of sounding like a beggar, can you lend me 1 BTS?

I ended up at this post by googling/searching for a solution to a problem similar to the one OP posted. I transferred BTC into BitShares DEX to get something called Open.BTC with huge transfer fee only to find that I can't trade it to BTS... because I don't have BTS (what?). So now it seems I need to buy other BTC and send it with the cost of another high fee to buy BTS from some other place and have that transferred to my BitShares wallet.

I honestly don't get it. Is not BTS bitshares.org's own coin? I mean can't the BTS fee be retained from the exchanges made to BTS? I don't know maybe I'm too new at this, just asking.

Anyway, I would appreciate your help. Scouts honor I would give it back immediately! :)

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:01:04 am by slink »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline gil_brenner

Wow thanks!
rennerblig-1

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Make sure to keep 5-10 bts to cover fees.

Usually the asset owner (open.btc?) should keep the assets' fee pool filled, which would allow you to pay the transaction fee in btc...

What's your bts id? I'll send you some