Author Topic: trying to buy open.eos and having an issue  (Read 1642 times)

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
When you place an offer at a certain price, someone else must be willing to sell it to you for that price. If you are placing an order with a price that other people are already willing to trade, then the order gets filled immediately. If not, you need to wait if someone puts another order to meet yours.

There are couple Fill orders on your account
https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/account/legend018

Offline legend018

Everytime I try to do something on BitShares it doesn't work out. Every sell order or buy order just sits there and daily and weekly I check it and it just sits. Some or most of it is probably me not understanding. Can someone check the latest one I'm trying now.
My account is legend018. I have the following order:
On my dashboard
Buy 1.83824 open.EOS for 50 BTS
Price 27.20000
Market Price 28.13000

I am literally picking one of the ones in the list.  I checked the Market price and literally this time picked one of the higest ones in the list. Also, why is there so many in the list that cost way less? Those definitely never go through as I tried that too,  but even the ones that on Market just sit there.  The orders are there, so why don't they go through. Why can't I buy anything in this manner?   I need to understand what I'm doing wrong because I'm getting confused.