Author Topic: Privacy-first Bitshares fork?  (Read 2667 times)

Offline konelectric

@kencode's wallet, PalmPay will have Steelth transactions.
http://palmpay.io/
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I don't think a fork is the answer.

Offline Methodise

7.  10% of the total supply reserved for investors, development team, marketing, governance, testing, lobbying (similar to Zcash)
8.  Governance by a non-profit foundation  (similar to Zcash Foundation)

Bitshares already pays its developers elegantly, 10% is arbitrary.

Bitshares already has built-in governance by shareholder vote.

BTS: methodise

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Forking bitshares at this point is a waste of time. There are better protocols than graphene to build blockchain on top of out there, and more coming up.

Offline R

• View Profile
What about a worker proposal to implement some of the above proposed features onto BTS? It's not like there's opposition to the concepts.

Offline chamber

• View Profile
Would anyone else be interested in a "privacy-first" Bitshares fork?   As I see it, privacy oriented features have languished with Bitshares.  I'm not sure there's much desire on the part of the current community to support better privacy protections.  Given Daniel Larimer's recent pronouncements, I don't expect proper privacy protections with EOS either.    Therefore, a privacy-centric fork might be the best path forward. 

Here's some of the features I'd like:

1.  Monero-level privacy protections:  sender, receiver, amount, IP address.
2.  All transactions private by default. (Like Monero)
3.  Privacy-centric communication channels (such as Riot.im).
4.  Regularly scheduled hardforks (every 6 months). 
5.  100 trillion total supply with tail emission (0.5%/year).  (100 trillion USD is roughly equivalent to the global broad money supply, which includes coins, banknotes, money market accounts, savings, checking). 
6.  Daily Dutch auctions for the first 10 years (to insure a widespread, fair distribution).   Similar to EOS token distribution, but extended over 10 years instead of 1 year. 
7.  10% of the total supply reserved for investors, development team, marketing, governance, testing, lobbying (similar to Zcash)
8.  Governance by a non-profit foundation  (similar to Zcash Foundation)
9.  All code open source, under same license as Bitshares (MIT)
10.  Share drop to existing Bitshares owners
11.  Steempower-like token which give long-term HODL'ers greater influence over the governance of the ecosystem.
12.  Fee Backed Assets fully implemented
13.  Social policy bond like bounty system:  https://www.socialgoals.com
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 01:58:57 am by chamber »