Author Topic: Marketing / Education ideas  (Read 1948 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Delulo,
Great idea. If you think you can write that article, please do and send it to me. If it can be used for marketing purposes, I'll send you PTS for it. Thanks for the suggestion. B

I would like to write something. It's just that I came back from a week of holidays and have to catch up on a lot of things. I will reserve some time on the weekend for it...

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I posted some info about the PTS snapshot on bitcointalk.org

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485166.msg5343342

It's clearly possible to get 10k views in a few days there.
Maybe if you guys help bump the [ANN] thread.
Hardly anyone replying.. not sure if my fault.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:39:54 am by CLains »

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Delulo,
Great idea. If you think you can write that article, please do and send it to me. If it can be used for marketing purposes, I'll send you PTS for it. Thanks for the suggestion. B

Offline fuzzy

They could also add occasional tips in ProtoShares to posters whose ideas they intend to incorporate in the future.  This could be a good way to recruit big thinkers and coders.   
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Marketing is about mainstream perception. So the forum and its ideas might be a good source for ideas to that can help influencing mainstream perception.

We should have a central thread that collects ideas that are non technical (marketing essentially, something else?). Ideas should be specific enough for I3 / Brain to make use of them if he thinks it makes sense and gives good return on time and money at a given moment. Things like "do things quicker please" or suggestions for priority setting are things of little practical help. But specific/practical ideas for what everyone here would react positive to in advertisement / education can be efficiently generated by the community.

So here is my first idea:

Suggest to write an article on coindesk that addresses the problem which this coindesk article talks about http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/12/09/testing-shillers-nobel-prize-against-the-bitcoin-bubble/
Essentially the article says that  bubbles are more likely to form if there is no way to go short on an asset/currency. And there is no way to go short on BTC atm without being payed out in something else than BTC.

Edit: The same need for hedging was addressed here http://www.totalwebcasting.com/view/?id=nysdf  Panel 3 Day 2- The Academic View on Virtual Currencies at 76:45 (by some critic of bitcoin, close to the FED)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:50:00 pm by delulo »