Author Topic: suggestion for an committee controlled open market operation fund  (Read 4162 times)

Online binggo

• View Profile
Re: suggestion for an committee controlled open market operation fund
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2018, 03:12:06 pm »
as BTS price now grow up to above 2CNY, now it's time to adjust the rule to determine minimum collateral ratio in open market operation fund account.

we need the minimum ratio to increase with feed price, with a nonlinear decreasing rate。

I found below formula is likely a suitable choice, in the next price stage it will be used to determine the minimum collateral rate.

please advise if you have any ideas on this.

K=3.2 ,  when the feed price<2, should keep the MCR=4, not use the formula.

K=5, i suggest K=5,will have more price buffer.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:23:03 pm by binggo »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2018, 09:27:04 am »
The general question here is how much risk is the BitShares DAC willing to take. Using a collateral ratio of only 2x would by high risk while 10x can be considered "low risk".
A reasonable answer is probably in between but highly depends on market conditions.
I do like the proposal linking the collateral ratio to the price level in general and would like to emphasis that any formula used today can (and should) be tuned an revised later on.
However, I am not a financial expert and lack the expertise to have a well-founded opinion about this and thus would ask to go rather high on collateral ratio and low on risk.
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline valtr

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2018, 06:41:33 pm »
The general question here is how much risk is the BitShares DAC willing to take. Using a collateral ratio of only 2x would by high risk while 10x can be considered "low risk".
A reasonable answer is probably in between but highly depends on market conditions.
I do like the proposal linking the collateral ratio to the price level in general and would like to emphasis that any formula used today can (and should) be tuned an revised later on.
However, I am not a financial expert and lack the expertise to have a well-founded opinion about this and thus would ask to go rather high on collateral ratio and low on risk.
I also think that lower risk is better for us.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2018, 06:41:21 am »
I would like to see a precise formulation of this worker before going forward, also an overview of the history therewith would be appreciated. But I am but a lone voice it seems ..
How is the BTS inflow split so far? I know there was 2 million initially, plus worker pay plus bitCNY/bitUSD fee. What are the absolute numbers there, is it still necessary to keep market fees on the bitAsset?

To your question:
I can tell you if you formula is mathematically sound, but I can't tell you if it makes sense. Do you have any further explanation on the intended goals of the formula?

part of your question answered in case you missed it: https://committee.bitshares.works/2018/05/08/april-may-summary/

Offline Emma Lee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Bitcoin
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2018, 06:01:31 pm »
I was wondering if you saw my suggestion in the old post, and what you think about it?

Offline paliboy

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2018, 01:57:11 pm »
The last report is over 2 months old, when can we expect new one?