Author Topic: Failed to create account: acct-name - Uncaptured Faucet Exception: Assert Except  (Read 8730 times)

Offline btsbreak

• View Profile
Hi. Thankyou. Whatever you did has allowed me to create a new account. Yes was the same exception error.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl

Offline Agent725

• View Profile
At the moment we get a faucet exception with bitshares.eu and status 422 error with openledger.io . Still looking at hosting our own faucet, but this slows our progress.

Offline btsbreak

• View Profile
Hi. I am getting this same issue when trying to register a new account. What can I do to resolve it ? Thanks

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The faucet is deployed in a more robust way now, but that error seems to be hard to find the source of.

Anyways, you could of course host your own faucet (in python there is one called tapin), or depending on your use case directly create accounts if you have a LTM account.

Offline Agent725

• View Profile
Thanks abit. We did that, however, that faucet also often fails.

Is there a way we can host such a faucet ourselves? I think would be good to decentralize this further.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
We're trying to integrate Bitshares into the Internet of Coins platform, and we're running into the same issue.
Is there a more decentralized way to register accounts than using the faucet? We'd be ready to implement.

If not, we'll wait with implementing Bitshares until this problem is resolved.

Greetings,
Agent725

https://internetofcoins.org
Try https://openledger.io/
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Agent725

• View Profile
We're trying to integrate Bitshares into the Internet of Coins platform, and we're running into the same issue.
Is there a more decentralized way to register accounts than using the faucet? We'd be ready to implement.

If not, we'll wait with implementing Bitshares until this problem is resolved.

Greetings,
Agent725

https://internetofcoins.org

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
@xeroc @sschiessl I got this when trying to create an account:

Account name in the error message is apparently not what I'm trying to register:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:21:35 am by abit »

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Faucet was restated this morning. Some more error handling was implemented in the backend code with the hopes of circeling the error.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
@xeroc if hard to find the reason, perhaps restart the faucet periodically with a script?

Offline viking-ventures

Never mind... someone suggested I try openledger.io - and it worked just fine.

Offline Agent911

I joined just now solely because I'm having the same issue!
Is the fix at your end or at mine? I tried downloading the client as well and had the same problem.
I'm trying to sign up as viking-ventures so that I can receive the WhaleShares I won on Steemit this morning.
Thanks for your help!

Same issue here, cannot create account. Tried for hours.

Offline viking-ventures

I joined just now solely because I'm having the same issue!
Is the fix at your end or at mine? I tried downloading the client as well and had the same problem.
I'm trying to sign up as viking-ventures so that I can receive the WhaleShares I won on Steemit this morning.
Thanks for your help!

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
There is only only place in the backend that will throw the assertion failure: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/blob/2.0.180328/libraries/chain/protocol/account.cpp#L189

The function is_valid_name is defined in the same file slightly higher up, and checks if the account name to be registered conforms to the blockchain rules. The account "liberty-academy" mentioned in the OP is acceptable. @crockett83 didn't mention what name he tried to register.

Since the OP's problem was fixed by restarting the faucet the problem needs to be analyzed there.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de