Author Topic: S&P 500, Dow and other indexes as smart assets  (Read 8152 times)

Offline akledirs

btsindex, please give feedprice and do force settle for all if not can give feeds constantly. I few months not can close position on S&P.

Offline akledirs

When update? I want settle this on true price.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Simple changing - use pricefeed from bts/usd but not market price.

Keep in mind that feed price may not match actual bts valuation either, see BSIP-42 and BSIP-58.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
Thanks, akledirs. You're right. That's because of the bitUSD global settlement. The script gets the BTS/USD price from the blockchain. And it doesn't make sense anymore. I'll probably update it later to get the price from the outside. That can trigger the global settlement for INDEXSPX. If anyone knows how to contact babydragon, please warn them about that. That's the only borrower at the moment. Don't borrow the asset until that update!

You can update it to take the feed price from the chain rather than market and/or settlement...should be less code work

Offline akledirs

Thanks, akledirs. You're right. That's because of the bitUSD global settlement. The script gets the BTS/USD price from the blockchain. And it doesn't make sense anymore. I'll probably update it later to get the price from the outside. That can trigger the global settlement for INDEXSPX. If anyone knows how to contact babydragon, please warn them about that. That's the only borrower at the moment. Don't borrow the asset until that update!
His ratio 3.75, blackswan will not happen. Simple changing - use pricefeed from bts/usd but not market price.

Offline btsindex

Offline akledirs

Why you give price indexspx ~54500 bts if current price S&P=2792$, BTS= 0.0452$ and S&P=2792/0.0452=61769 BTS ? >13% different

Offline btsindex

Fixed the cli_wallet error, got a new API key. Restarted following assets:
INDEXSPX
INDEXDJI (in global settlement)
CUBED.USD (in global settlement)
CUBED.CNY (in global settlement)

I still can't get the feed for INDEXNASDAQ. The API returns an empty object. I'll check tomorrow.
P.S. Sorry about that downtime. It seems that the script is quite unstable so use the assets at your own risk.

Offline btsindex

Sorry, there are multiple problems with the server script. Cli-wallet stopped working on Feb 15 (500 error). Because of frequent restarts by process manager, API that provides indexes prices blocked me. I'll try to fix that when i have some free time (probably at the end of the week). I could push the latest price for INDEXSPX manually to make it possible to settle the asset. It's the only asset i own that survived during the black-swan period with some amount still borrowed.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
In here is probably the best way

Offline akledirs

Anybody know contacts bts-index? He stopped feedprice 15 feb 2019.

Offline akledirs

btsindex, you give wrong price on INDEXSPX. Diff>20%. Error - you use bitUSD price in your feed.

Offline btsindex

More general question - can we trust feed-producers we don't know? https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=26273.0

Offline btsindex

Thank you! It seems that pushing a price feed reflecting a USD value in BTS is a good idea.
Assets permissions is also important topic. Thanks!

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
We've created 3 new smart-assets: INDEXSPX (S&P 500), INDEXDJI (Dow Jones Industrial Average), INDEXNASDAQ with a precision of 8, paired them with BTS.

Should we push 23,932 BTS or 23,932 / 0.144462 (USD/BTS rate)

Since you have paired them with BTS you *should* calculate and publish the index price in BTS, i. e. 23,932 / 0.144462 .
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de