Author Topic: New Marketing Meme... +5%  (Read 16256 times)

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
You think that's money you're earning?

Offline bytemaster

Also with the "Free your market." tagline we get to do Matrix "Free your mind." parodies:

*Neo opens eyes*
Neo: "I know Austrian Economics."
Morpheus: "Show me."

You think that's air you're breathing?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Also with the "Free your market." tagline we get to do Matrix "Free your mind." parodies:

*Neo opens eyes*
Neo: "I know Austrian Economics."
Morpheus: "Show me."

Offline thisisausername

"Free your market."?  Then you could have lots of variants to keep things interesting.  "Free your market from distance."  "Free your market from middle-men."

I like it.
Pjo39s6hfpWexsZ6gEBC9iwH9HTAgiEXTG

Offline taoljj

• View Profile
BTS      Witness: delegate.taoljj

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
"Free your market."?  Then you could have lots of variants to keep things interesting.  "Free your market from distance."  "Free your market from middle-men."

Offline bytemaster

So BitSharesX needs a new tag line, probably focused more on the ability to further reduce market friction than on giving people free money...  :P

"Bring the market together."?
"Own your portfolio."?
"Trade anything, anywhere."?

The flux capacitor of finance, moving value through time and space.

Yes we are trying to come up with a new tag line, any ideas are welcome!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
So BitSharesX needs a new tag line, probably focused more on the ability to further reduce market friction than on giving people free money...  :P

"Bring the market together."?
"Own your portfolio."?
"Trade anything, anywhere."?

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Need to update http://www.invictus.io/bitsharesx.php then. :\

I would definitely recommend taking this down.  If this was an SEC registered security it would be a clear violation.  Projects like this are potentially walking that tightrope already.  Just my 2 cents. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:27:47 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com
to be honest i dont realy think, this is such a great idea and to many people would start using this. i have no idea of marketing and stuff like that though.

+5%

+1 to your +5%

The thing I love about this forum is that a lot of great minds come together and push us toward improving everything.   After debates on whether or not BitAssets even need interest I have concluded that they do not and that any interest will serve as a 'constant' offset in price.   Implementing interest will take extra time that I am sure someone will experiment with after the initial release.   

So given the fact that markets will find a way of undoing my 5% interest by adjusting prices elsewhere and the risk is so low due to collateral it seems best to simplify everything and just use 0% interest.   BitUSD will be on par with cash in your pocket or a gold coin in your hand.  You hold it because you want price stability not for its yield.

So I will ask Amazon to remove the +5% meme and replace the +5% with old school + 1 so that we can avoid confusion. 

This means this marketing meme is now over despite being very good and catchy.  It also seems to draw negative attention and scam accusations.

I do think it would be a fun experiment to implement interest in a chain, but at this point time getting something on the market with value is probably best.

I think that's brilliant.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Dividends come from transaction fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But just for bts, right?

And would those changes require a new chain each or can the then old chain be patched?

Offline bytemaster

Dividends come from transaction fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk