Author Topic: The NXT Clones Beware  (Read 2626 times)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
This is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard.  I can't believe that topic even made it off the first page.  I think I might sell off whatever tiny amount of NXT I own if this is the kind of community that's involved.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Madness

You people need to Lay Off The Pipe...   ???

KLONE is pipe agnostic.

If you think deeply on how financial market derivatives work you'll see that KLONE is actually quite a conservative market construct.

Look into the causes of the sub prime mess, or Bernie Madoff for example. Those guys were way more into the pipe than KLONE.

I like having fun, but all POS coins have a problem.

How to secure the ethical integrity of the genesis block?

NXT had a bitcoin IPO - some people said it was unfair

NEX giving away genesis coins for free - "interested" posted in a thread costs nothing - this creates over-subscription, so NEX value will be zero, so nobody will INVEST money or effort into building it

KLONE is offering an answer to the genesis block distribution.

proof-of-clone = proof-of-commitment -> Fairness & Initial value -> VIABLE POS COIN

What is the cost of launching a new clone of NXT? Zero

So how do you insure the survival of something that has no economic value now, but will later when it is fully grown, but has many potential rivals?

How does a human baby do this? LOOK CUTE TO PARENTS -> proof-of-commitment -> agreement to swap care needs through time -> parents & babies -> adult children & old parents!

KLONE is way more thought out than NEX

KLONE is following DAC concept almost (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1854.0)

KLONE will find better parents than NEX

NEX parents will abandon their baby (no evidence of commitment)

KLONE parents will all have shown 'some' level of commitment, so KLONE baby CAN survive.

NEX is angry (NEX maybe needs the pipe)

KLONE is happy, so easier to sell.

WHO WOULD MAKE THE BEST PARENT FOR YOU? A CLONE OF YOURSELF?

bitbro

This sort of movement is part of cryptos major issue of global adoption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Well worth paying some attention to the kind of organic movements we're seeing here. NXT is involuntarily having lots and lots of baby clones, and the process seems to be self-organizing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423647.0

Would be interested to hear what you guys have to say about this phenomena.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:07:35 pm by CLains »