Author Topic: Smaller Worker Funds  (Read 2171 times)

Offline kimchi-king

One way would be to have a general budget worker according to the budget worker model of the BBF. It would need to have some kind of board that decides what is actually being funded.

This is probably the most straightforward and efficient option available. I can suggest to the BitShares Cabinet that we consider supporting this effort since it already falls within our intended purview.

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Great idea.  I think with smaller amounts, an executive manager is an acceptable compromise between decentralization and autonomy.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
One way would be to have a general budget worker according to the budget worker model of the BBF. It would need to have some kind of board that decides what is actually being funded.

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I spoke with Kimchi-King about this today.

Worker proposals are critical for getting things done around the BitShares DAC.  BitShares may be missing out on good work for the network with vote requirements as high as 300 million bts.  My suggestion is to have a lower bullpen of workers with lower vote requirements and lower amounts of funds.

Consider you want to print and spread flyers featuring all the great information about BitShares in your local town. This is exactly the type of action that would benefit each holder of bts and can be rewarded with treasury bts. This individual is unlikely to organize a coalition of bts voters to reach the 300 million or so bts votes required to pass a worker proposal. If the supplies for this activity cost only $10 then the individual is faced with the choice of eating the cost themselves (as many on the chain do now) or giving up the activity completely (unknown how many BitSharians were lost as a result of this structure).

What do people think of this idea? 

How could this be implemented in the best way.  Long term (with community support of course) probably a separate pool in the interface and everything.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

John Robert