Author Topic: [Proxy] kimchi-king - Journal  (Read 8985 times)

Offline kimchi-king

Xeroc expressed his concerns the other day and bitcrab did respond.

You can read the communication chain starting here. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=20792.msg320322#msg320322

I'm still not convinced that's there's no conflict of interest and we see today that another community member sees some serious issues arising. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=26907.0

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Kevin, I share this concern.

I have decided to remove my support for the Committee Controlled Open Market Operations WP. Even though the funds are used to support the bitCNY and bitUSD markets I feel they absorb way too much of the daily BTS funding.

I fear that this WP will hamper further funding of WPs designed to benefit the community.

Additionally, I'm concerned of a potential conflict of interest with the new SPRING Fund managed by bitcrab, but it's still too early to say for sure just yet. It just seems like this new SPRING Fund is being indirectly supported by the RP through the Open Market Operations WP. The Open Market WP adds buying pressure and stability to the bitCNY market then the SPRING Fund profits from that buying pressure.

Am I crazy or does this make any sense?

If you have a different point of view then please share it with me.

I do remember when the committee open market proposal came up for election and was passed without a lot of discussion or conceptual support.  I appreciate liquidity on bitUSD/CNY as much as the next guy but I also wonder at what cost this comes.

People I respect do support this operation; including presently on the committee.  Due to that I generically support this operation's continued existence but think it's critical to get some more transparency / discussion from the folks calling the shots here.  Have you every spoken with bitcrab?

Offline kimchi-king

I've added our votes towards the new 201808-flash-global-infrastructure.

Offline kimchi-king

I have decided to remove my support for the Committee Controlled Open Market Operations WP. Even though the funds are used to support the bitCNY and bitUSD markets I feel they absorb way too much of the daily BTS funding.

I fear that this WP will hamper further funding of WPs designed to benefit the community.

Additionally, I'm concerned of a potential conflict of interest with the new SPRING Fund managed by bitcrab, but it's still too early to say for sure just yet. It just seems like this new SPRING Fund is being indirectly supported by the RP through the Open Market Operations WP. The Open Market WP adds buying pressure and stability to the bitCNY market then the SPRING Fund profits from that buying pressure.

Am I crazy or does this make any sense?

If you have a different point of view then please share it with me.

Offline kimchi-king

201808-bitshares-ui - No because I feel we need an actual UI/UX design team to work on this project. I personally feel this WP is more of a bug killing WP so the purpose is misleading.

I'd be eager to discuss your vision and critic for the UI proposal, in the hopes if swaying you. This is your journal so that can be done on another medium as well if you will.

I don't have a fixed role in the worker proposal, but I am actively developing for it.

Kevin,

full support for starting a diary/journal and keep communicating with people trusted you to be Proxy.

My personal suggestions/changes would be following:

OL - Committee - Yes. As early founder of gateways and UIAs being traded, with a lot of liquidity around, I do consider that non-paid position regarding fees and critical topics regarding Reserve Pool are something OL needs to be part of.
UI team worker - Yes. Team is going through some new movement and some new steps. I do encourage and support personally worker for 2 following reasons:
1) To support development of Native dApp BitShares DEX and integration of full functionalities from the blockchain to it - there is no other team to do so.
2) To give a chance to new movement on the team.

If reason number 2) fail to satisfy me after i while i will be remove my vote of support.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Thanks DL for the feedback.

I like what you've said and have decided to adjust my votes as you requested.

I've added the following response to the UI WP posting.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=26858.msg320341#msg320341

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
201808-bitshares-ui - No because I feel we need an actual UI/UX design team to work on this project. I personally feel this WP is more of a bug killing WP so the purpose is misleading.

I'd be eager to discuss your vision and critic for the UI proposal, in the hopes if swaying you. This is your journal so that can be done on another medium as well if you will.

I don't have a fixed role in the worker proposal, but I am actively developing for it.

Kevin,

full support for starting a diary/journal and keep communicating with people trusted you to be Proxy.

My personal suggestions/changes would be following:

OL - Committee - Yes. As early founder of gateways and UIAs being traded, with a lot of liquidity around, I do consider that non-paid position regarding fees and critical topics regarding Reserve Pool are something OL needs to be part of.
UI team worker - Yes. Team is going through some new movement and some new steps. I do encourage and support personally worker for 2 following reasons:
1) To support development of Native dApp BitShares DEX and integration of full functionalities from the blockchain to it - there is no other team to do so.
2) To give a chance to new movement on the team.

If reason number 2) fail to satisfy me after i while i will be remove my vote of support.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl

Offline kimchi-king

I currently have 38 proxy followers which equates to 2,450,382 votes.

You can track this info in real-time here: https://www.cryptofresh.com/u/kimchi-king

Offline kimchi-king

Here's a breakdown of my current votes.

Committee
bitcrab - Yes
abit - Yes
jademont - Yes
clockwork - Yes
witness.still - Yes
ebit - Yes
bhuz - Yes
xeroc - Yes
harvey-xts - Yes
bunkerchainlabs-com - Yes
openledgerdc - Yes
fav - Yes

Witnesses
in.abit - Yes
bhuz - Yes
abc123 - Yes
verbaltech2 - Yes
roelandp - Yes
witnes.still - Yes
xman - Yes
delegate-1.lafona - Yes
elmato - Yes
mglab - Yes
xeldal - Yes
sahkan-bitshares - Yes
xn-delegate - Yes
fox - Yes
witness.yao - No
magicwallet.witness - No
blckchnd - Yes
delegate.freedom - No
crazybit - Yes
bangzi - Yes
witnes.hiblockchain - Yes
gdex-witness - No
openledger-dc - No (Because they set OL as proxy for all new users by default)
delegate-zhaomu - Yes
winex.witness - Yes
clockwork - Yes
delegate.ihashfury - Yes
zapata42-witness - Yes
btspp-witness - Yes

Worker Proposals Active
201808-trusty-community-ui-p1 - Yes
201803-bitshares-core - Yes
201803-bsip32 - Yes
201803-bsip30 - Yes
201803-bsip33 - Yes
201803-bsip34 - Yes
201803-bsip35 - Yes
201803-bsip37 - Yes
201803-bsip36 - Yes
201803-bsip31 - Yes
201710-spokesperson - No, due to conflict of interest with DASCoin and her complete absence ever since this proposal was passed.
201802-legal-bts - Yes
201804-bitfest - Yes
201802-documentation - Yes
201804-general-presentation - Yes
201710-compliance - Yes
DEXBot - User Friendly BitShares Market Making Bots ($660/d) - Yes
201803-bsip38 - Yes
201807-infrastructure - Yes
201807-hackthedex - Yes
committee controlled open market operation fund - No, this WP is hogging way too much of the RP and leaving very little for other WPs.
refund100k - Yes
201808-bitshares-ui - Yes, but if I don't see some effective UI changes to the reference wallet within the next 3 months I will not be voting for a renewal until manpower issues can be addressed.
201808-flash-global-infrastructure - Yes

Worker Proposals Proposed
201902-marketing-interviews-articles-and-visibility - Yes
2018-10-decentralized-sponsorship - Yes
Poll - BSIP42 - NO adjustment to price feed - Yes
201810-bitshares-org - Yes
201808-bsip40-1 - Yes
refund400K - No
201807_OpenLedger_Security_Analysis - No because I can't wrap my head around the purpose of this WP.
Android Custom Token Wallet - Yes
The rest are pretty self explanatory.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 11:07:11 pm by kimchi-king »

Offline kimchi-king

I will keep this thread updated to reflect all my voting decisions.

If you wish to have me as your proxy then please enter kimchi-king on the "Voting" page found in your wallet.

Don't forget to save your changes.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:17:10 pm by kimchi-king »