Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Community UI proposal by APT (on behalf of Trusty team)  (Read 14584 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
the below information must have.

The Function of the "buy" and "sell" must seperate to prevent false operation.
and the "market depth" chart can merge into the position of "trading view" chart.

https://www.binance.com/en/trade/EOS_BTC
https://gate.io/trade/eos_usdt

For reference only :)

Now, once the post is having missing content, my reply would be:

We certainly acknowledge that the proposed design is an example of what the UI will look like, where still has a lot to be improved (which are designer hours in actual proposal), and space for feedback/changes as long as they are in the limits of reasonable time needed for implementation. This one definitely fits that reasonable feedback expected :)

Your comments are highly appreciated,

Thanks!
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline ztoth

Great proposal. I am not a techie, so I did nut run deep into technical details, but I SUPPORT SUPPORT and SUPPORT all projects that enhance the UI/UX of BitShares. This is such a powerful platform, it should have millions of users by now if proper attention is paid to measures bringing widescale adoption. Mass adoption may only come from the masses, and everyday people like clean, responsive, easy ways to interact with the blockchain.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
All these long nights finally paying off!

This worker hits right at a point I too have been considering and that is that the reference wallet , by being the reference and thus having to support every single way of interacting with the bitshares platform, has ended up too complex for the average user.

A more community orientedalternative, such as the one described in this worker will help adoption imho and will also provide the reference wallet team with some breathing space.

I am unsure about the total budget of this worker. I think it might be overestimated but as it is a budget worker and trusty team has already delivered a working product, while DLs commitment to transparency and hate for unnecessary costs is well-documented, I am sure funds will be used with dilligence.

I also hope that there will be a lot of collaboration between UI teams (especially as pertains to the bitsharesjs library) to ensure even better results for both.

Looking forward to this.

Many thanks Alex. Hopefully team will get some decent feedback. 

Would be this design suggestion/similar examples or ... ?

Thanks.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline binggo

• 世间太多瘪犊子
    • View Profile
the below information must have.

The Function of the "buy" and "sell" must seperate to prevent false operation.
and the "market depth" chart can merge into the position of "trading view" chart.

For reference only :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:30:10 am by binggo »

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
All these long nights finally paying off!

This worker hits right at a point I too have been considering and that is that the reference wallet , by being the reference and thus having to support every single way of interacting with the bitshares platform, has ended up too complex for the average user.

A more community orientedalternative, such as the one described in this worker will help adoption imho and will also provide the reference wallet team with some breathing space.

I am unsure about the total budget of this worker. I think it might be overestimated but as it is a budget worker and trusty team has already delivered a working product, while DLs commitment to transparency and hate for unnecessary costs is well-documented, I am sure funds will be used with dilligence.

I also hope that there will be a lot of collaboration between UI teams (especially as pertains to the bitsharesjs library) to ensure even better results for both.

Looking forward to this.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Dear BitSharians,

One more time, my pleasure is to introduce another, yet vital proposal to the BitShares stake-holders and Community. Earlier this year, we welcomed Trusty.fund (open-source portfolio management app) to the BitShares blockchain. As most of Community knows, we had some progress together and on 13th of June Trusty decided to make an important step and fly in to Thailand for a real meet and discussion about BitShares eco-system. How it went you can see on the images below:

Now, thing that Community doesn't understand or fully appreciate about Trusty is that

- Trusty.fund instead of developing/fixing existing React based UI, did complete from scratch build of new library for BitShares under the Vue Framework from original https://github.com/bitshares/bitsharesjs

It was not a fork, it was a fresh new Framework and library to be used by other developers, given to the blockchain as open-source https://github.com/TrustyFund/vuex-bitshares.

This is not just a building app on existing long-lasting tools but enabling new framework to utilize bitshares and enable more developers to join the eco-system. If nothing, it should be forked to BitShares, to properly advertise Vue support we have for our technology.

WORKER DETAILS

Worker is to finally provide to the Community DEX with mixing best of UI/UX from Bitfinex and Huobi to demand of our DEX users. We aim for top-notch/bleeding edge app solution for the requirements/demands shown over the time. Wallet/DEX would be coming in 2 templates, with 2 logos of choice (BitSharesDEX or BitSharesAPP). Both wallets would be fully responsive (mobile friendly) as you can see on current demos/examples of Trusty work within proposal documents. Its a budget worker proposal, its split in 2 sprints of 3 months each, with payments every 3 weeks, improved hour tracking system/software and complete new solution for the Community.

We do believe that BitShares development community will benefit very much from adopting the two most popular JS frameworks for creating UIs: React.js for corporate demand and Vue.js for the community. Seeing development peak of both would be a brighter future for BitShares.

The price and the hours are per max budget, and on this amount of people in the team with only 4 hours available daily to devote themselves to BitShares we came up to carefully estimated max of 6 months and 300,000.00 USD. We don't expect to hit that budget, but we do appreciate more space for the bugs and actual development to ensure max quality in final delivery.

WORKER DOCUMENTATION

First 3 months ( $150,000.00 USD max. Budget ) - Part 1

http://apasia.tech/bts-workers/bitshares-communitywallet-worker-p122018.pdf

Any funds not spent/hours not claimed will be returned to Reserve Pool from the respective Escrow.

Second 3 months ( $150,000.00 USD max. Budget ) - Part 2 - Final Delivery

http://apasia.tech/bts-workers/bitshares-communitywallet-worker-p222018.pdf

Any funds not spent/hours not claimed will be returned to Reserve Pool from the respective Escrow.

NOTICE:

Worker Part 1 would be going on-chain if positive feedback is shown. Worker Part 2 is current estimate and it's expected to be changed updated after the final report of Worker Part 1. There will be no on-chain proposal regarding Part 2, until all parties are satisfied with outcome of Part 1 and Worker status is set to done/expired.

DESIGN MOCKUPS

Trusty.team has in-house designer and used its own resources to create mockup for the proposal, by in-depth analysis of popular use-cases on global scale in crypto exchange design. Mockups are as presented, theme will be available in dark/light version. Landing page is only finished for proposal and no further changes will be done on mockup, unless worker gets on-chain and voted in. Please bare in mind that how your time costs money, as per proved professionalism our time cost nothing less. We are open-minded for suggestions that will only be in the limit of UX best practices and limits through responsiveness across all mobile/tablet devices.

Respectfully, for each suggestion that stake-holders and community try to point out to us, please explain in as much as possible descriptive way in order to get proper feedback from the team.

Design preview: http://apasia.tech/bitshares-community-ui-mockup/

Design of inner pages will be ready before Part 2, and progress will start if the Part 1 gets voted in.

WORKER - OPEN POSITIONS FOR BITSHARES DEVELOPERS

In the worker documentation you will find that 3 positions are opened. We would encourage any existing/known BitShares developer fitting these positions to get paid and create a positive mix of coding arts together with us. If there is no such interest, we have our own people ready, we were just trying to make it more friendly, as we (myself, apasia.tech and trusty.team) supporters of current UI Team worker as can be confirmed from other discussions or my personal votes - i'm selected Proxy of Trusty.

1. Project Coordinator / Coordination, QA and Testing
2. HTML and CSS developer
3. Frontend JS developer

ESCROW PARTNER

We've asked initially Move Institute, but we got response that escrow is still not ready. Meanwhile, during feedback and waiting for final response from Move Institute we would like to ask that if Institute is not available BitShares Blockchain Foundation steps in. Invoices on work from Thailand will have 4% withholding VAT only for IT services.

DISCLAIMER:
In order to balance between Trusty team and any reasonable request from the stake-holders, community or potential hiring for open positions, will from now on until end of worker go directly through me. I can be PM'em here, easily found in Telegram or directly here in the thread. Armen will manage project/team, while my position is management of the worker and requests to it/final reports from it.

Feedback is welcome!

Thanks.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 07:52:29 pm by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.