Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Community UI proposal by APT (on behalf of Trusty team)  (Read 14589 times)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
UPDATE

Thanks to Escrow Partner, BitShares Blockchain Foundation, I would like to announce that worker has been placed on chain and its currently available for VOTING.

Worker id: 1.14.117
Accounting by Escrow: https://workers.bitshares.foundation/201808-trusty-community-ui-p1
Worker Publication by Escrow: https://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2018-08-trusty-community-ui-p1

Many thanks for support and respect shown, we are all very grateful for feedback received here.

On behalf of APT and Trusty,

Let the Voting BEGINS!
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Probably off topic, but a cool idea would be a UI toolkit for integrating the entire BTS DEX into CEX websites, rather than limiting themselves to single tokens they could offer direct access to the BTS DEX. Probably not realistic though?  :-\
This is what `bexi` is all about
https://github.com/blockchainbv/bexi

Offline R

• View Profile
I like the effort to implement the UI using an alternative to ReactJS, however could you elaborate on the final product? Will it result in a stand-alone client or a web wallet? Will there be a maintenance period after its completion, or would this require an additional worker proposal?

Do you think once this is completed that it'd be wise to investigate additional alternative frameworks than react/vue? An implementation of BTS for all the major frameworks?

---

Probably off topic, but a cool idea would be a UI toolkit for integrating the entire BTS DEX into CEX websites, rather than limiting themselves to single tokens they could offer direct access to the BTS DEX. Probably not realistic though?  :-\

---

The only thing that has me apprehensive about delivery is that the bitshares web page still has not changed despite being transfered ownership a few months ago?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 11:40:21 am by Customminer »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Given the amount of efforts already placed into developing code and putting it into github already, I fully support the efforts undertaken by the trusty team!
The VueJS code looks amazing!

Offline JohnR

• Committee member
    • View Profile
As an otherwise well-rounded individual, I do not know a ton about programming.  But I am immediately drawn to this phrase in OP

- Trusty.fund instead of developing/fixing existing React based UI, did complete from scratch build of new library for BitShares under the Vue Framework from original https://github.com/bitshares/bitsharesjs

It was not a fork, it was a fresh new Framework and library to be used by other developers, given to the blockchain as open-source https://github.com/TrustyFund/vuex-bitshares.

This is not just a building app on existing long-lasting tools but enabling new framework to utilize bitshares and enable more developers to join the eco-system. If nothing, it should be forked to BitShares, to properly advertise Vue support we have for our technology.

-   

This is an excellent example of the value proposition of free (open) software.  Permission-less creativity.  BitShares deserves constant updates on the back-end technology front.  I also believe BTS does not need a UI makeover as much as it needs more options.  The fact that most service providers / gateways on BitShares use a clone of the original UI shows the lack of creativity that can set in when we, as a community, don't voice our intents to keep things fresh.

These mock-ups look very nice I must admit - although the aesthetics are up to the individual user.  What I can say for sure is that mobile usage is critical.  For myself, I would not be that interested in entering limit orders on a mobile device.  That being said I can see mobile is many people's only interaction with the DEX.  And I use Trusty's android wallet regularly - so I can vouch for the team's product delivery.  I look forward to this proposal's success and a prosperous partnership between BTS and the Trusty team.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
That's a great article for the basics!

The real war begins when you do routing, observers and more sophisticated architecture. In both cases you can do that an ugly and a less ugly way ;)

Yeah, I've came with my learning to point of reading on "Routers" of both React.js and Vue.js framework, and from perspective of a noob/beginner - Vue is winning for now. One page, structured content, from a to z, while React provides much more (including trainingcenter) but the structure of it is for someone more skilled than newbie. Again publicly, Vue is supported more by Asian community, so probably there is TrainingCenter in Cantonese/Chinese that i can't google up.

@fav

Very nice read for beginners, I wish I've started from here, would be understanding difference in basics much more easy. Should share it on Steem if you haven't done so, a lot of React/Vue potential there.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
That's a great article for the basics!

The real war begins when you do routing, observers and more sophisticated architecture. In both cases you can do that an ugly and a less ugly way ;)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:14:09 am by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline kimchi-king

Thank you DL for presenting yet another outstanding proposal and I'm super excited to see that this one is directly related to the UI/UX of the BitShares DEX. I know this will be specific to the general community's needs, but that's exactly what we need to reach the masses.

Thank you to everyone who has already asked some quality questions. I look forward to seeing this proposal approved by the community so DL and his team can finally provide us with the UI we deserve.

You have my full support for this proposal and let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
and please add a reference currency to every asset. eg. let me know the current $ price when I trade bts with whatever asset. I hate going to external marketcap sites just to find out what bts is worth to do the math

Hah, i hear you well. Its in the mockup already, but so sorry that mockup is still not at high quality so its very difficult to see. I will try to get higher quality/sharper version asap!

Until then, example as per mockups presented within worker (zoomed in and pointed out):

Cheers
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
and please add a reference currency to every asset. eg. let me know the current $ price when I trade bts with whatever asset. I hate going to external marketcap sites just to find out what bts is worth to do the math

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Hello Trusty,

hope to see someone from your team soon too!

Is the idea to create a full featured UI, or to create a targeted (e.g. For Trader) easy to use UI that might skip features?

Stefan,

hope we can meet all together soon... at BitFest!

A2Q: No fully featured UI. Proposal PDF has clear statement that we encourage UI team to continue build of React.js based Corporate DEX, while Vue.js based Community DEX, where React.js would be focusing on implementation of all API functionalities, while Vue.js would be focusing on everyday needs of any stake-holder/trader/community member.

Hope it was clear enough, but in case, go through pdf in details, we are not interested in adventure of full UI nor it can be done within 6 months :)

Gnite and sleep well!
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
Hello Trusty,

hope to see someone from your team soon too!

Is the idea to create a full featured UI, or to create a targeted (e.g. For Trader) easy to use UI that might skip features?