Author Topic: PokerChips: Hosting Fair RNG Sessions  (Read 19162 times)

Offline bytemaster

Bravo +1

The only problem I have is that the game requires a full mini blockchain to verify itself. 

You can eliminate the mini, per-game blockchain that gets bundled into a single transaction by using a OpenTransaction Triple Signed Receipt.  This will make the validation of the game much easier (and smaller) and thus help things scale better.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
literature:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1550.0
luckyshares? where is that written about?

Two roles in this DAC:

1) Table hosts. Put down Chips as collateral and start a Game. A game is just a session where the host puts up a verifiable RNG feed and then ends the session with proof that the RNG was fair. For example, a host promises to run a PRNG with Hash("Poker game #101", <secret>, [player_nonces]) as the seed and then publishes <secret> and [player_nonces] at the end. The main PokerChips chain watches hosts and reimburses players when the host acts maliciously.
2) Players connect with each other and with a Host and use a local consensus algorithm to make a mini-blockchain for this Game. The Game becomes one transaction that is processed by the PokerChips DAC, which reallocates shares between players appropriately.

So the high-level idea is:
* DAC enables hosts to compete for players
* DAC insures players against misbehaving hosts
* Hosts and players connect off-chain and generates Games as transactions

So Hosts compete for trust (not enabling collusion) and rake and pay most of the DAC operating costs (main chain consensus) while players get fungible insured poker chips and pay rake
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.