Author Topic: SMARTASSETS SCAMS  (Read 7948 times)

Offline btsindex

Currently someone is mass-sending NIKKEIINDEX. The asset was created yesterday. Its issuer was also registered like 1 day ago. Possible scam. Be careful!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:56:45 am by btsindex »

Offline akledirs

Now all good, confirm, unbanned :)

Offline R

• View Profile
Akledirs should be unbanned from the main channel now.

I'm not into the telegram thing. Could someone ask to unblock Akledirs there? Maybe provide a link to this thread as a reference. Thanks!
Sorry, I should have phrased my previous post better - Akledirs has been unbanned from the main Bitshares telegram channel, his post was mistaken for spam by a channel admin (telegram has a horrible spam problem).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:41:56 am by Customminer »

Offline btsindex

I'm not into the telegram thing. Could someone ask to unblock Akledirs there? Maybe provide a link to this thread as a reference. Thanks!

Offline R

• View Profile
(For this information and recommendation sold other MPA from derivatives-dex I was banned from Telegram-group bitsharesDEX)

They probably have some kind of rule not to mention specific assets to prevent spam.

Offline btsindex

I asked him when there were similar events, only with a clearly linked account (oliverstone7).
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=26068.msg320939#msg320939

Yep. I have decided to write this warning post after reading your messages there
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 06:26:53 pm by btsindex »

Offline akledirs

We should ask "nasdaq" what happened
I asked him when there were similar events, only with a clearly linked account (oliverstone7).
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=26068.msg320939#msg320939

Offline btsindex

We should ask "nasdaq" what happened

(For this information and recommendation sold other MPA from derivatives-dex I was banned from Telegram-group bitsharesDEX)

They probably have some kind of rule not to mention specific assets to prevent spam.

Offline akledirs

#29806541 blackswan baiducom - collateral price (36 bts)
I cannot find this operation on cryptofresh nor the web wallet block explorer page.
http://cryptofresh.com/tx/d29be55cd88b3a0ae7a1b4f8f15907c868f625ab
nasdaq-fb again give normal feedprice, that was cause blackswan and global settlement
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:42:18 pm by akledirs »

Offline R

• View Profile

I cannot find this operation on cryptofresh nor the web wallet block explorer page.

That said, the nasdaq feed price op did infact drop by like 2000 - that's absurdly volatile..

Offline akledirs

Artificial margin-call? What about artificial blackswan?
Today:
#29806202 rz120 debt 5 baiducom
#29806208 rz120 sold 5 baiducom for 220*5 usd
#29806241 nasdaq-fb feed baiducom 2322 bts
#29806247 nasdaq-fb feed baiducom 80 bts
#29806269 nasdaq-fb feed baiducom 20 bts
#29806280 rz120 reduce collateral (-18520 BTS)
Time=15 min, profit=18520 bts
(For this information and recommendation sold other MPA from derivatives-dex I was banned from Telegram-group bitsharesDEX Now unbanned, was mistake)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:37:30 am by akledirs »

Offline btsindex

https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/issues/1369 There's UI changes coming which will at least notify users if this high a market fee is implemented.

That's great news!
For testing purposes I've just set a 99.9% fee for an empty asset i own (https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/market/INVERTED_BTS). Currently, without any indication it's really easy to miss the fee value field, place an order and lose money.

Offline R

• View Profile
Another problem is how to engage witnesses or committee members in publishing prices. What if an asset owner is not a witness and all witnesses stop publishing price. In such case the asset becomes frozen.

Getting price feeds for private MPA from witnesses is difficult, I've found that even with multi price feed script coverage that some witnesses don't publish price feeds for Hz. I've managed to get approx 12 feeds, but 20+ would be preferable..

Another unobvious moment - the right of access to a change in the market commission - you can still establish it at 99%.

Haha! You mean making the market fee like 100%? What a wonderful idea! I'll add it to the main post.

https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/issues/1369 There's UI changes coming which will at least notify users if this high a market fee is implemented.

Offline btsindex

For a better security of the asset, it is better to include the submission of quotations by the witnesses and disable the right of access to change this option.
Yeah! That would be awesome. The problem is an asset owner can disable corresponding flags later. Flags are not fixed. Permissions are fixed (you can change them only once)

Corresponding permissions are the same as flags:
Allow witnesses to provide feeds
Allow committee members to provide feeds

They are activated by default. You can disable them, but that's not what we actually want, right? It's not like if those permissions are active, the corresponding flags are also active all the time.

Another problem is how to engage witnesses or committee members in publishing prices. What if an asset owner is not a witness and all witnesses stop publishing price. In such case the asset becomes frozen.

Another unobvious moment - the right of access to a change in the market commission - you can still establish it at 99%.

Haha! You mean making the market fee like 100%? What a wonderful idea! I'll add it to the main post.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 02:41:46 pm by btsindex »

Offline akledirs

The less access rights the owner has left, the more secure the asset. For a better security of the asset, it is better to include the submission of quotations by the witnesses and disable the right of access to change this option. Another unobvious moment - the right of access to a change in the market commission - you can still establish it at 99%.