Author Topic: suggestion on a bounty based marketing worker proposal  (Read 6465 times)

Offline armin

• View Profile
Is there a worker proposal thread for this?

Offline R

• View Profile
Simply adding a smartcoin isn't that impressive a feat for a centralized exchange, I'd fully support these bounties for CEX which allow borrowing bitCNY using BTS from the CEX interface resulting in BTS returning from CEX to the BTS DEX whilst providing BTS buy pressure and bitCNY liquidity within the CEX. Alternatively, if these large exchanges are convinced to create a BTS DEX gateway or bridge, that'd be far more valuable than a single token being added to a CEX.

https://www.bitshares.foundation/workers/2017-10-compliance Already covers this topic, no? "$50,000 worth of BTS in each case we convince an exchange (i.e. Kraken, bitstamp, coinbase, bitcoin.de) to list any asset (pair) that is primarily hosted on BitShares."

I don't think 'Bitfinex' should count, aren't they behind Tether & thus a direct competitor? If Tether collapses then won't Bitfinex too?

Binance doesn't charge for addition anymore, couldn't a community based application suffice?

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Good initiative Bitcrab and good comment Alex - these documents (or assurance they are available if a lobbyist nudges someone towards the right person) would be great.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
Also, it is quite likely that some of those exchanges will require some kind of legal opinion letter or technical description/report of bitAssets.

Will the BBF who I believe has been working on those documents via legal/compliance workers be able to provide potential lobbyists with the appropriate documentation?

Or at least provide a contact point lobbyists can defer to if/when talks with exchanges reach that point?

@xeroc, could you pass along the questions above to the BBF?

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
Support!!!! But what if lobbyist said the exchange need 10Million BTS to open smartcoin market?

For 10m BTS i'll start a new exchange personally :D

Offline ouresw

• View Profile
Support for this proposal, but it is recommended that some of the bonuses be paid in the form of bitCNY or bitUSD, which better reflects the theme of this work.

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
Support!!!! But what if lobbyist said the exchange need 10Million BTS to open smartcoin market?
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
SmartCoin listing would be awesome, great initiative. I guess this bounty is also meant to cover possible listing fees.

open market operation fund will release the fund to fill up the gap.

Is this necessary? It mixes responsibilities and I would rather not have that. Additionally, please ensure that the accounting is transparent if the committee has two workers to handle.

There is a 30 days observation period

30 days is quite short, and the amount of payout is incentive for manipulation. My suggestion would be 90 days.

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
I like the idea.

I believe the worker should include bitEUR as well. (yes it's very small now but I believe has great potential)

Offline gghi

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ttt888

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
Excuse the noob question but can ppl in China still buy bitCNY with CNY?

If not wouldn't it be better if ppl in CHina could swap their CNY cash by giving it to merchants using PalmPay? Like paying extra with their groceries and the merchants would top their balance so to speak? That would be really decentralized...

yes they can.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline nutela

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nut3l4
Excuse the noob question but can ppl in China still buy bitCNY with CNY?

If not wouldn't it be better if ppl in CHina could swap their CNY cash by giving it to merchants using PalmPay? Like paying extra with their groceries and the merchants would top their balance so to speak? That would be really decentralized...

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
“Stable coin” become hot in recent past and attracted much attention,  the event that USDT is discounted more than 5% bring great worry on this token that occupy more than 95% stable coin market shares, now there is a great market chance for smartcoins, we should not miss it and need to do some big promotion to extend the market share.

Now one of the biggest market for stable coin is exchange, exchange has the demand to adopt stable coin as base trading currency, to encourage every potential people in this world to help to lobby the exchanges to adopt bitCNY and bitUSD, I suggest to open a worker proposal to use public fund for a marketing campaign.

1. Bounty quantity

the 4 most famous exchange: binance, OKEX, Huobi, Bitfinex.      1M/0.5M BTS

Top 20 in coinmarketcap  Adj.Vol(24h) ranking                           400K/200K BTS

Top 50 in coinmarketcap  Adj.Vol(24h) ranking                           200K/100K BTS

if one succeed to lobby one of the 4 most famous exchange -  Binance, OKEX, Huobi, Bitfinex to open smartcoin market, he/she will get 1M BTS as reward for the first adopted smartcoin(either bitCNY or bitUSD), 0.5M BTS as reward for the second adopted smartcoin(either bitCNY or bitUSD).

for other exchanges, the reward is as listed above based on the Adj.Vol(24 hours) ranking in coinmarketcap.com.

2. Work verification and reward distribution
Bitshares Committee will take the responsibility to verify the work of lobbyist and decide the distribution of reward.

People who want to work as lobbyists need to comment on the work proposal thread, give the information of bts account, email and which exchanges he/she want to lobby, if finally the exchange open smartcoin market(open at least 3 relevant trading pairs), the lobbyist need to provide evidence that it’s his/her work that make things happen.

There is a 30 days observation period, if the smartcoin markets are kept open in these period, then the highest  Adj.Vol(24h) rank of this exchange in coinmarketcap in these 30 days will be used to determine the reward.

This campaign will last 180 days, only when exchange open smart coin market in these 180 days then the reward will be distributed accordingly.

A worker proposal  of 100K BTS daily pay will be created for this campaign, if too many exchanges open smart coin markets and the totally 18M BTS is not enough to pay the reward, open market operation fund will release the fund to fill up the gap.

I hope this suggestion can be supported by community and we can implement it rapidly to capture the market chance.

Email:bitcrab@qq.com