Author Topic: Where is the leadership ?  (Read 1918 times)

Offline R

• View Profile
These assets you refer to are the responsibility of the committee, given that they have asset ownership rights over these assets.

I feel like we need a larger committee than 11, we've got 27 witnesses so why is 11 ok? I'd hope that a larger committee size would lead to greater community involvement.

In terms of Bitshares leadership, this is a DEX not a CEX, you need to take action yourself to engage with elected Bitshares roles and active workers.

Offline matle85

• View Profile
2. Get some new big buy orders in eating up those margins. Concern is a lot of people think we are going to head lower so there isn't the buy action there.

Offline matle85

• View Profile
Hi Thule - thoughts / options welcomed at this point I think.

What would the options be?

• Reduce Global Settlement (GS) price by improving collateral position of the Committee account:
    - add more BTS with a worker but the 277k/day limit means we wouldn't make a dent in it.
    - sell BTS at a discount from that account to try and balance its position. Issue is this can't be adjusted as it stands so would need to be 'informal' - i.e. someone sends bitUSD to the account, that's used to free up margin and BTS is sent back. Would require a big holder to make any dent.

Offline ljk424

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ljk424

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
Having a real black swan/global settlement risk i thought this would mobilize a lot of people to turn the ship back to the other direction.
But instead i just see a few people concerned about the reputation of bitshares and peoples money and the rest just watching.
I don't see any significant actions from the big proxies who voted for BSIP42.
Actually they are now very quiet.
I don't see any actions from witnesses who agreed to implement the big feed manipulation even on bitusd.
No Comitee members who are trying to activly find a quick solution .

How does it come you are so quiet now and don't even try to overcome the risk ?

Sorry but you are clearly no leadership at all or justified to have your position (with some exceptions)when you are unable to take actions in times like this one
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 11:51:06 am by Thul3 »