Author Topic: still no response from the witness? still execute stupid bsip42?  (Read 6019 times)

Offline clockwork

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: clockwork
Seeing as I'm not one to hide, I would like to point out that mine and Thom's reasons for not feeding BSIP42 prices on USD and CNY are entirely different.

I don't have much of an issue with BSIP42 in principle. In fact I think it's a good idea in order to tighten the peg.

I only stopped feeding USD and CNY because I thought the BSIP42 adjusted feed I was running needed more work and I hadn't been able to figure it out yet.

The reason I am upset with others is because the majority of the feed scripts disregard the market completely and thus on a sudden bear move ( like we had last couple of days) are slow to respond, leading to a) margins piling up and b) losing the peg anyways.

That said, unlike Thom, I am not against the premise of BSIP42

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Glad to hear that.
I have only support one witness is you after the bsip42, now I can add clockwork.
those blind witness should be kick out.
and those blind proxy like xeroc shouldn't get support too,
I have no idea why did so many share holders give the vote power to a stupid blind person like him?
good thing is I have saw that @stan have already cancel his support to xeroc.

You should notice Alt that I (verbaltech2) and Alex (clockwork) aren't feeding either BitCNY or BitUSD.

Alex has been almost as angry as you lately about the bsip42 manipulation. I have been very vocal from the start about what I don't like about it.

Offline Thom

You should notice Alt that I (verbaltech2) and Alex (clockwork) aren't feeding either BitCNY or BitUSD.

Alex has been almost as angry as you lately about the bsip42 manipulation. I have been very vocal from the start about what I don't like about it.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline alt

• View Profile
according to bsip42, bitCNY is now very cheap than CNY. (price in DEX is 0.363CNY/BTS much higer than CEX which is 0.353)
you should decrease the feed price, why no action at all?
you know nothing about trade, and you even known nothing about bsip42, just stupid like an idiot.

Offline alt

• View Profile
The plan is just to watch and do nothing.

According to Xeroc :

"Guys, your understanding of a black swan is way off implementation"
"Before a global settlement, a short position has debt and collateral supporting the debt. During global settlement, you lose just enough of your collateral to support your debt and you lose the debt. Ever BTS in collateral that comes additional to the 100% will be give back to you.
The debt and supporting collateral will be migrated to the the issuer account.
With BSIP18, the global settlement fund in the issuer account can autonatically revive the asset in case the price feed goes back up so that the available collateral reaches MCR
Also, users can bid on the collateral and debt and thus obtain back their own position by providing the excess collateral.
In the meantime, long positions (those with bitusd, bitcny) are unaffected and trading goeabon as usual.
Borrowing and margin calls are disabled until the asset is revived"

I asked him 1-2 months back if he is going to take full responsability for keeping the BSIP42 activ which will lead to a global settlement since he was and still is the key proxy who could instantly close BSIP42.
A clear lack of real trader experience unable to foresight markets and effects of major changes
fuck xeroc, the most stupid proxy ever.

Offline Thul3

• View Profile
The plan is just to watch and do nothing.

According to Xeroc :

"Guys, your understanding of a black swan is way off implementation"
"Before a global settlement, a short position has debt and collateral supporting the debt. During global settlement, you lose just enough of your collateral to support your debt and you lose the debt. Ever BTS in collateral that comes additional to the 100% will be give back to you.
The debt and supporting collateral will be migrated to the the issuer account.
With BSIP18, the global settlement fund in the issuer account can autonatically revive the asset in case the price feed goes back up so that the available collateral reaches MCR
Also, users can bid on the collateral and debt and thus obtain back their own position by providing the excess collateral.
In the meantime, long positions (those with bitusd, bitcny) are unaffected and trading goeabon as usual.
Borrowing and margin calls are disabled until the asset is revived"

I asked him 1-2 months back if he is going to take full responsability for keeping the BSIP42 activ which will lead to a global settlement since he was and still is the key proxy who could instantly close BSIP42.
A clear lack of real trader experience unable to foresight markets and effects of major changes

Some Witnesses even claim there would be no diffrence in current situation with or without BSIP42
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:47:04 pm by Thul3 »

Offline alt

• View Profile
are you still think you need to improve the stupid bsip42(market manipulation)?
come out to say what's your plan
and those voters/proxy who support bsip42, please come out to explain us what happend.