Author Topic: Bitshares URL schema [ PROPOSAL ]  (Read 2964 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline jhtitor

Seeing this is a key decision that will affect third parties (merchants, ..) etc. I suggest that you draft a BSIP for it. This was it becomes solidified by the community and also serves as a point of reference for outsiders.

I added my comments in the issue.
This!

A BSIP (formal definition) would make it much easier for others to be compatible!

OK, that makes total sense.

Here's a BSIP draft, https://github.com/bitshares/bsips/issues/131

Hopefully it's legible. Looking forward for your comments and corrections!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Seeing this is a key decision that will affect third parties (merchants, ..) etc. I suggest that you draft a BSIP for it. This was it becomes solidified by the community and also serves as a point of reference for outsiders.

This!

A BSIP (formal definition) would make it much easier for others to be compatible!

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl

Offline R

• View Profile
Great idea! We used to have this functionality in btsx (see forum bts:username links), its introduction to BTS2.0 is a welcome one, keep up the great work! 👍

Offline jhtitor

Hi guys.

I'm really really interested in finalizing the BitShares URL/URI schema standard.

For those of you, who are not aware: Currently, BitShares lack any URL schema, meaning that no bitshares software can generate or read QR codes. If we do settle on a schema, all the software will be able to actually read/write such QR codes, which would be of a great convenience to the users.

I've outlined my proposed schema here:

https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-ui/issues/775#issuecomment-440670520

However, I do not believe this issue will get read by all the interesting parties, so I'm also starting this thread to get more attention.

NOTE: Some clients have gone ahead and implemented their own incompatible schemas, which were never agreed on. This is a very troubling situation, so the faster we reach some agreement on this issue, the better.

(TODO: update this post with relevant/current proposal)