Author Topic: AGS donation from Blockchain wallet  (Read 7969 times)

Offline lakerta06

I will provide an extra 30 PTS to convert these instructions into a webpage / pull request for invictus.io that looks clean and professional. 

So you only need the "sending BTC from blockchain wallet" part on the web page?

Offline lakerta06

Given the format is JSON and I can parse JSON in C++ with ease, I think I will simply create a bounty for someone to import the JSON from blockchain directly and we can skip the .csv step.

Easy to redo the instructions showing how to cut/paste their JSON unencrypted wallet into a text file.  One thing to note is that if a wallet has multiple keypairs it will export them all, some of which will not correspond with the AGS shares transaction.  If that doesn't matter, I'll get on revising the doc.

I will provide an extra 30 PTS to convert these instructions into a webpage / pull request for invictus.io that looks clean and professional. 

Working on it!

Otherwise the instructions look good.

So did I win?  :)

Yes... I believe you did.

Congrats :)

Offline bytemaster

Given the format is JSON and I can parse JSON in C++ with ease, I think I will simply create a bounty for someone to import the JSON from blockchain directly and we can skip the .csv step.

Easy to redo the instructions showing how to cut/paste their JSON unencrypted wallet into a text file.  One thing to note is that if a wallet has multiple keypairs it will export them all, some of which will not correspond with the AGS shares transaction.  If that doesn't matter, I'll get on revising the doc.

Working on it!

Yes... I believe you did.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cubicdissection

• View Profile
    • Cubicdissection

Working on it!

Pqta6v7Q6CR7Qfy8ma25KkFki3xpKxgTtV

Offline mint chocolate chip

Did we ever figure out how the MultiBit wallet will function for receiving AGS?  I'll definitely be needing it!   8)

+1

Offline bytemaster

cubicdissection, you can incorporate these images and the jsfiddle page in your pdf I guess.

bytemaster, is there anything other than the address&private key pair needed in the csv?

Actually all I really needed was the private keys as I should be able to regenerate addresses from those keys. 

My primary concern with this advice is that you are revealing your private keys to jsfiddle which may or may not log such requests.     Given the format is JSON and I can parse JSON in C++ with ease, I think I will simply create a bounty for someone to import the JSON from blockchain directly and we can skip the .csv step.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yellowecho

Did we ever figure out how the MultiBit wallet will function for receiving AGS?  I'll definitely be needing it!   8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline lakerta06

cubicdissection, you can incorporate these images and the jsfiddle page in your pdf I guess.

bytemaster, is there anything other than the address&private key pair needed in the csv?

Offline lakerta06

I will provide 100 PTS to someone who can post step by step instructions, with screen shots, that anyone can follow to send money from a blockchain.info wallet and export all of the private keys to a CSV file that we can use to import into BitSHares X.

There isn't a way to automatically export the private keys into a .csv file, but here is a walkthrough I just made that will get you there with a single cut and paste.  BOOM!

http://www.cubicdissection.com/temp/AGS_blockchain_tutorial.pdf

PS I wanted to be first one in so the initial was really rough.  I've redone it with a bit better fonts, cleaned up the screenshots a bit, centered things, etc.

PSS my PTS wallet is "Pqta6v7Q6CR7Qfy8ma25KkFki3xpKxgTtV"  ;D

Quite good job I think, Just that the requirement was to export all the private keys. :) so here is my attempt on that part:

This is of course from a dummy wallet:
(could not link images here :( )

http://img.im/i/ul2px9

http://img.im/i/aswg79
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:03:41 am by lakerta06 »

sumantso

Wow - 100 PTS  :o Damm

I can see why cubicdissection was in a hurry.

Offline cubicdissection

• View Profile
    • Cubicdissection
I will provide 100 PTS to someone who can post step by step instructions, with screen shots, that anyone can follow to send money from a blockchain.info wallet and export all of the private keys to a CSV file that we can use to import into BitSHares X.

There isn't a way to automatically export the private keys into a .csv file, but here is a walkthrough I just made that will get you there with a single cut and paste.  BOOM!

http://www.cubicdissection.com/temp/AGS_blockchain_tutorial.pdf

PS I wanted to be first one in so the initial was really rough.  I've redone it with a bit better fonts, cleaned up the screenshots a bit, centered things, etc.

PSS my PTS wallet is "Pqta6v7Q6CR7Qfy8ma25KkFki3xpKxgTtV"  ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:57:18 am by cubicdissection »

Offline bytemaster

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
DO NOT do AGS donations from a web-hosted wallet.  Only donate from a wallet you personally control.  You will need the wallet that signed the donation transaction in order to claim your shares.  That's how the shares are recorded.

Offline cubicdissection

• View Profile
    • Cubicdissection
If I want to make an AGS donation from a blockchain wallet, do I just send it to the address?  When/how are my shares recorded?