Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] CITADEL Desktop 2019  (Read 4297 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline jhtitor

I wish to thank everyone who has voted on this worker proposal.

The latest release should help asset issuers handle various asset-related tasks. Read about it here

https://steemit.com/bitshares/@jhtitor/citadel-desktop-0-2-7-released

Offline jhtitor

@Digital Lucifer, we've just released a new version which fixes multitude of blind transfer bugs. Please give it a go, things should run smoothly now.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher

huge dissapointment when it comes to that Stealth tab where you can create account but cannot top the funds for months now... I was so happy to see that part coming to life.

Thank you for the report. I'll investigate ASAP. There's a thread on this forum and a bug tracker on github, you should've reported this earlier :P (Also, tickets created by committee members and witness accounts are served with highest priority).

Anyway, great job with Citadel, and if you wanna really get some Monero mining customers, you do need to invest some real monero from that mining into the markets on the dex, or its not going.

You are 100% right and we're working in bringing liquidity to our markets. This is something to be announced very soon.

Or at least provide withdrawals for monero after successful mining.

We do that, you can always withdraw your mined tokens as real XMR via our gateway.

- You are absolutely right! I'm always bringing bug reports but never properly report them (github, mails, etc...). Ill do my best to report all the bugs/doubts and hopefully we can see it running soon!
- Good luck with market making, wish the best for it!
- Ill test it out. Last year Citadel didn't had a gateway within BitShares UI, so I haven't played around mining/XMR for a while.

Many thanks for replies!

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline jhtitor

i was also thinking myself on a c++ cli wallet front end with qt. The initial idea i have is to interact with an rpc exposed cli_wallet backend, very basic. we can talk more about this.

Can't comment on the rest, but this is something I though of too. IMHO, bitshares-core is too heavy even if you only compile cli_wallet. Granted, most people will only use pre-compiled binaries, but the compile process is a PITA (with boost and everything). However, I still think this is a very viable idea, and one of the reasons citadel is not called "bitshares-qt" is that name should be reserved for what you are proposing.

I think going with python has some advantages and disadvantages, such as:
1) very quick dev. turnaround
2) can utilize python-bitshares library by xeroc (next best thing to bitshares-core)
3) targets same platforms as C++ QT

huge dissapointment when it comes to that Stealth tab where you can create account but cannot top the funds for months now... I was so happy to see that part coming to life.

Thank you for the report. I'll investigate ASAP. There's a thread on this forum and a bug tracker on github, you should've reported this earlier :P (Also, tickets created by committee members and witness accounts are served with highest priority).

Anyway, great job with Citadel, and if you wanna really get some Monero mining customers, you do need to invest some real monero from that mining into the markets on the dex, or its not going.

You are 100% right and we're working in bringing liquidity to our markets. This is something to be announced very soon.

We do that, you can always withdraw your mined tokens as real XMR via our gateway.

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
I think the bitshares blockchain, if the situation allows to do it, should fund this and other similar front ends for bitshares. IMHO specific and different software interacting with bitshares will get a greater number of people from different areas.

There will be people that will not use the reference ui to trade but maybe microdex, people that will not use the cli wallet but prefer for example citadel desktop and so on.

I like qt as it is cross platform, i was also thinking myself on a c++ cli wallet front end with qt. The initial idea i have is to interact with an rpc exposed cli_wallet backend, very basic. we can talk more about this.

We need to consider that a front end is always capable of making money by referring or registering users. So, the blockchain can maybe have some sort of "startup worker" that will give the worker a fixed X amount of bitusd(or whatever) and some bts to be used as faucet money.

In exchange bitshares will just request that the code is released under MIT. It will encourage workers to market their own products. The shareholders will of course :) only vote for the startups that will bring more benefit to the whole.

Just an idea ;)

By the way, you should post some screenshots so people can easy check what citadel is about.

Its amazing piece of software, just huge dissapointment when it comes to that Stealth tab where you can create account but cannot top the funds for months now... I was so happy to see that part coming to life. Anyway, great job with Citadel, and if you wanna really get some Monero mining customers, you do need to invest some real monero from that mining into the markets on the dex, or its not going.

Chee®s
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline oxarbitrage

I think the bitshares blockchain, if the situation allows to do it, should fund this and other similar front ends for bitshares. IMHO specific and different software interacting with bitshares will get a greater number of people from different areas.

There will be people that will not use the reference ui to trade but maybe microdex, people that will not use the cli wallet but prefer for example citadel desktop and so on.

I like qt as it is cross platform, i was also thinking myself on a c++ cli wallet front end with qt. The initial idea i have is to interact with an rpc exposed cli_wallet backend, very basic. we can talk more about this.

We need to consider that a front end is always capable of making money by referring or registering users. So, the blockchain can maybe have some sort of "startup worker" that will give the worker a fixed X amount of bitusd(or whatever) and some bts to be used as faucet money.

In exchange bitshares will just request that the code is released under MIT. It will encourage workers to market their own products. The shareholders will of course :) only vote for the startups that will bring more benefit to the whole.

Just an idea ;)

By the way, you should post some screenshots so people can easy check what citadel is about.

Offline jhtitor

What do we already have?

main thread

• low memory and CPU footprint
  • runs natively on all major desktop platforms
    • Linux distribution, install-able via `pip`
    • Windows 32bit and 64bit builds
    • macOS 10.9+ builds
  • support for common BitShares operations, such as transfers and sell orders
  • support for more esoteric BitShares operations, such as voting
  • full support for blind transfers
  • dedicated asset browser with many features
  • registration of new accounts can be done via faucet APIs or via other accounts
  • built-in support for all the gateways that share BlockTrades.us API (OpenLedger, CITADEL)
  • partial support for gateways with custom APIs (RuDEX, Winex)
  • ability to add own gateways (and faucets) via settings window
  • 100% anonymity option (all network requests can be routed through TOR, if desired)
    • this feature is best combined with Blind Transfers

Branding

CITADEL Desktop is ready to be used as your in-house wallet. Take a look at `version.py` source file:

Code: [Select]
VERSION="0.2.5"

BUNDLE_NAME="BitShares-QT"
UNIX_NAME="pybitshares-qt"
LOGO_1024="images/bitshares_1024x1024.png"
SHORT_DESCRIPTION="BitShares Wallet"

BUNDLE_NAME="Citadel"
UNIX_NAME="citadel"
LOGO_1024="images/citadel_1024x1024.png"
SHORT_DESCRIPTION="Citadel BitShares Wallet"

As you can see, it's easy to a) de-brand it, and turn into a generic BitShares wallet, b) re-brand it, and make it your own. Just provide a 1024x1024 png file with your logo, and the build system will do the rest. Precise building/bundling instructions for OSX and Windows XP, 7+ are provided in the README file.

What this worker will do?

Even if this worker won't get funded, CITADEL will continue it's work on the desktop software and continue to share with BTS community. This worker might get us more concentrated on this front and should be considered a donation-type deal.

Either way, the plan is:

• continued work with xeroc re: python-bitshares, more PRs, etc
  • support for all 40+ bitshares operation types
  • interfaces for Proposal creation/viewing/editing
  • make it stable and reliable
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:30:08 pm by jhtitor »